Example:Remix game question
This is a straw dog demonstrating a mashup of David Wiley's online OER Remix Game -- reconfigured for the wiki environment. In the wiki course materials we will link to David's online version -- but we need an alternative for free software users who may not have access to non-free flash drivers (particularly relevant in the developing world) and the need to develop a print-based alternative.
We need help in developing a few more examples and I provide instructions below for a few wiki enthusiasts collaborating on the project.
The dealer deals four cards. Each card represents a resource (text, audio, video or photo) according to the license illustrated on the card. Your task is to determine the legal license compatibility of aggregating the four resources and choosing a license for the derivative work. (This draft activity is being developed for the Creative Commons unplugged tutorial on WikiEducator.)
- Copy the wiki syntax on this page: http://wikieducator.org/index.php?title=Open_Content_Licensing/Example:Remix_game_question&action=edit§ion=1
- Paste this over to one of the example pages (red links) on this tutorial page, i.e Example 2, Example 3 etc.
- Be sure to link your example from the Remix and compatibility page.
- Edit and replace the images as appropriate for your example, edit the questions and feedback etc.
- We have source files of the playing cards in svg format -- download a copy of Inkscape (free software) to select the relevant card and export as an image (e.g png format for upload in WikiEducator -- suggest using a width of 300px for the png export of the playing card.) -- here are the svg source files for the playing cards:
- If you get stuck ping me: email