OMD/Job Description/Director OD Effectiveness
Director of Organizational Development & Effectiveness
The Director of Organizational Development & Effectiveness for this Organisation will design and manage the development of organizational and individual programs that result in an effective and efficient workforce and organization.
The focus of the Director of Organizational Development & Effectiveness is on facilitating strategic, administrative and organizational change to better this Organisation. This position will provide organizational development initiatives and effective performance consulting for both departmental and high-level, complex enterprise-wide projects and initiatives. This will be accomplished through strategic vision and goal development, needs assessment and diagnosis, role and responsibility clarification, leadership and team development, coaching, and design and implementation of process and performance interventions. The role will also include development and management of career development, training, mentoring, change management and job rotation and or growth programs. In this role, the Director will collaborate closely with Executive management, HR, department clients, and project team members to ensure alignment and integration of strategies, projects and programs for successful implementation and results.
- Ensures the development and implementation of organization-wide strategies, prioritizing organizational efforts and resources toward development and education activities that are critical to this Organisation's mission, vision, culture, values, and strategic priorities.
- Ensures continued organizational effectiveness in talent acquisition through both acquisitions and organic growth.
- Enhance and manage the company's performance management process, including process design, material design, development, and training. Ensure effective utilization of tools in this process and that the program drives a culture of high performance at this Organisation, while providing a corporate platform for ensuring meaningful feedback and dialogue about performance and development plans among management and employees at the Company. Program includes twice annual performance review, and may include key employee 360 reviews.
- Participates in the development of competency models to be used throughout the organization for selection, assessment, training and development and succession planning.
- Performs needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the individual and organization.
- Assist, support, and monitor development activities of succession candidates toward goal of developing "ready-now" candidates for all key positions. Develop high potential and successor candidates to meet future talent requirements.
- Consult with department managers on the organizational design of their departments and design and facilitate team development interventions.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management; guides leadership and employees on problem solving and dispute resolution.
- Identify leadership needs, and effective training or workshop interventions to maximize leadership effectiveness.
- Assesses and monitors the effectiveness of all development and training initiatives against predefined metrics
Programmes & Projects
- Stakeholder engagement in open, co-ooperative communities
- Co-operatives / community development
- Facilitating Stakeholder & Community Engagement
- Project Management
- Professional Development
- support to educators working within WE Community
- Curriculum Development (Trainer-Facilitator's Guide to Community Engagement and Pilot Project Development
- Coaching, mentoring to increase performance
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Development, or related area required.
- Master's degree in Organizational Development or related area preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in e-learning, training and development required.
- Minimum 5-7 years management experience, and experience in leadership training and Human Resources required.
- Key knowledge of the principles and methods of managing organizational change, and organizational development.
- Strong ability to lead and apply organizational and change theories.
- Excellent online facilitation, public speaking, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Must be very "hands on" and demonstrate leadership by example.
- The ideal candidate will be a Mentor/Coach