EL4C23 - Introductions
Please introduce yourself and respond to each others' introductions as a Wikibuddy.
- Please add your Username and/or your wiki-signature.
- For instructions on how to add or personalize your wiki-signature see help page Signature.
Thank you =)
If I have any words of wisdom of how to approach learning new technologies, go really, really easy on yourself. Allow yourself to be a child, make mistakes, be patient and have fun. Take the time to craft something amazing... so much can be learned.
Please feel free to contact me by email.
I am currently working on a WE project (slated for Jan. 2010) that will allow EFL/ESL educators and learners to collaborate and interact worldwide. I believe that language learning requires both the need to build understandings and big ideas as well as a skill set that allows the learner to effectively communicate and interact with others.
As your junior facilitator, I look forward to assisting you in this workshop as you gain new skills that will allow you to collaborate with others who share similar interests. Enjoy the learning process and rest assured that we (as your facilitators) as well as others in the WE community are eager to provide the guidance you need to meet your individual objectives.
Feel free to send me an email should you wish to contact me directly.
Although my professional formation is oriented to engineering, productivity, business and technology management, I've loved teaching since ever. My job (Asesor MFQ academy, in Cancun, Q.Roo, México) consists on tutoring and providing counseling to learners of secondary & early tertiary level, helping them on homeworks, or preparing them for examinations. There is a special group I love to work with, adult people. They are confident and enthusiastic learners, they always give the best of them.
The knowledge I have gained on teaching/tutoring comes from my personal experiences and self-studies. I'm also been a self learner in computing, web programing, ITC and web 2.0 platforms and tools. Since last November I have had the privilege to meet Nellie Deutsch who has becomed an inspiring mentor to me on improving my English language as well as moderating live online conferences, facilitating online courses, and integrating technology to education. Now I dedicate my professional life to my two passions: teaching and learning, particullary learning by doing and learning by "helping". =)
Please feel free to contact me by email.
Hola Gladys. Soy profesora de Frances y espanol pero no tengo muchas clases ahora porque he pasado a la administracion. Tendre interes en el futuro de comunicar con usted. Mucho gusto en conocerle. Allison
Hello Everyone! I am Hanaa Khamis from Egypt. I am an EFL instructor and instructional technologist. I work with university students and teachers. My interests include communication (especially online), language learning and teaching, and web 2.0 tools. I am still exploring WE and hope to make progress this workshop.
BTW... I participated in the recent WiAOC 2009 conference. It was an amazing experience connecting with fellow colleagues across the globe. Has anyone been there? --Hanaakhs 10:23, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Hanna. Congratulations, you have made amazing progress. --Gladys Gahona 22:50, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Great to see you taking part in another workshop, Hanaa. --Nellie Deutsch 13:04, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello my name is Sasha, I am a demographer in Johannesburg South Africa. Currently I am working as an independent development consultant, mainly in public health and other developmental issues in Sub-Saharan Africa. My greatest passion though is concentrating on child health issues, and my loving pets! I speak Portuguese, French and English and lived in France for two years before returning to my home country.
I look forward learning with everyone on this course, I think this is such a wonderful initiative.
All the best to everyone, and best of luck.
Kind regards Sasha
- Hi Sasha, you will learn, no doubt =) --Gladys Gahona 22:50, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome to the community, Sasha. --Nellie Deutsch 13:04, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
West Point Grey Academy where I teach Social Studies and Info Tech half time. The other half of my job has to deal with integrating technology into classrooms. Outside of teaching I work with a group of Tech Directors and Ed Tech Coordinators in the area that does a number of things including providing pro-d opportunities to teachers such as the: ISABC Summer Institute with Alan Summer
I would like to learn more about wikis and how to integrate them more authentically into my teaching. I am also interested in meeting some new people and connecting classrooms over distances.
I love the outdoors and just returned from a fabulous kayaking trip with my students.
See you in the forums!
- Hello Andrew, in Wikieducator you will meet many teachers who are integrating wikis into their classes. --Gladys Gahona 22:50, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome to the community, Andrew. --Nellie Deutsch 13:03, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Dr. Dilip P. Barad holds Ph.D. degree from Saurashtra University and M.A. from Bhavnagar University where he teaches in the Department of English as a senior lecturer.He has recently (in Dec 2008) cleared GSET (Gujarat State Eligibility Test) for the eligibility for lecturership. He has vast experience of teaching communication skills to the students of Business Management and Commerce. He taught Business Correspondence and Communication Skills at NRV Institute of Business Management and JJCET Commerce College (Saurashtra University), Junagadh (Gujarat) for 10 years. He has presented research papers in several international and national seminars/conferences and has also published research papers in journals and magazines. He has done his Ph.D. research on Thomas Hardy and his areas of interest are CALL, Literary Criticism, use of ICT in TELL, Business Correspondence, Communication Skills, English Language and Literature. He has successfully completed C.I.C.(Certificate in Computing) from IGNOU, so he has first hand experience of distance education and have good exposure to SLM and OERs. He has applied for counselling for English course under Ambedkar Open University. and IGNOU courses for B.A., M.A. and other English Language Courses. Being co-ordinator of fully computerized, LAN based language lab (which runs under Ambedkar Open University.), he has good experience of working for Open universities and he is associated with text book & material production for the same courses.
--Dilipbarad 16:33, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Dilip, I am very impressed by your interesting background. --Gladys Gahona 22:26, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Great to see you getting involved in the workshop, Dilip. --Nellie Deutsch 13:03, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
My name is Nina Lyulkun. I am a lecturer of English at National University in Khmel'nyts'kyi,Ukraine. I've been teaching English 35+ years at the same University, heading the Business Foreign Languages Department for more than 10 years. Ex-President of TESOL-Ukraine (2001-2003). Participant of many International Projects with my students: started with SchMOOze in 1997, Future of English?, a webhead from 2002, a WorldCALL2008 awardee. Co-moderator of three six weeks pre-TESOL Convention sessions online: Blogging4Beginners, Blogging4Educators and this year - Images4Education.
I would like to learn more about wikis and how to integrate them into my classes. It would be great to meet new people and collaborate with them.
See you soon online.
--Nina Lyulkun 17:27, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Nina, wikis are very powerful web 2.0 tools. You will find here outstanding collaboration oportunities. --Gladys Gahona 22:35, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Nina, I am honored to "see" you here among the members of the Wikieducator community. Let me know how I can be of help. --Nellie Deutsch 12:55, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Greetings Everyone --Leesharoberts 21:40, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi everyone!! My Name is Leesha Roberts. I am a lecturer at the University of Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies. I teach Educational Technology to Pre-Service and In-Service Teachers. I have been teaching at the University since 2006 and before that I worked part time at other tertiary institutions teaching my passion, which is technology.
I registered for this course because I would like to know about wikis and how to integrate them into my classes. See you soon online.
- Hello Leesha, I am sure you will learn how incorporate wikis into your class. --Gladys Gahona 21:50, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
I would like to invite you to join the Caribbean Educators Network. I am a V.P at a southern school. If you will be interested in contributing to technology development in the region, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will send you a link to the CEN site. Hope to hear from you soon. Allison.
- Welcome to the community, Leesha. --Nellie Deutsch 13:02, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- My name is "Maha Abdelmoneim", an Egyptian living and working in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I am a Trainer, Co-Active Life Coach, NLP Master Practitioner and Coach, MBTI profile assessor and coach and a Performance Development consultant. I am very interested in emotional intelligence and soon to work on becoming a certified EQ coach. I worked for many years with both regional and international banks, conventional and Islamic as well as with the local postal authority. More than two years ago I decided to start my own company where I am now.
- Apart from Arabic (my mother tongue) and English I speak Spanish, Italian, very little French and sometime back started on German but hadn't had the chance to continue, yet, and looking forward to Russian and Chinese. I am a certified TAFL (Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language)teacher.
- I love computers and the Internet and I am always trying programs and new tools and have always enjoyed designing and experimenting with different learning solutions and activities. this lead me several years ago to enroll in a Masters Degree in Flexible and Online Learning with the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. while I could not complete the degree due to time constraints I learned a lot from the courses that I did and got even more interested in online learning.
- Finally, I love horses, nature and the TED talks www.ted.com :-)
I am sorry for being so late. Thank you for reading so far and hope to connect and collaborate with you soon.
I will stop now :-) --Maha (PinkSamurai) 17:23, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hola Maha, recibe un abrazo desde Cancun, México. --Gladys Gahona 21:44, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome to the community, Maha. --Nellie Deutsch 13:01, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey my name is Carolyn currently am involved in the project Open Distance Learning Network . I am developing a template for how the material will organized i will need help on that.
I am very glad to be part of this workshop welcome everyone enjoy yourselves cheers. Thank you.
- Welcome to the community, Carol. --Nellie Deutsch 13:01, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello all. I am glad to be joining you on this workshop. Sorry I missed the meeting on May 29. I will try to catch up. I am just involved for the love of education. Hope to get better at wikis so that I can share with my colleagues in Trinidad and Tobago. I want to get on French wikipedia soon. Cheers to all!
- Welcome to the community, Allison. --Nellie Deutsch 13:01, 3 June 2009 (UTC)