Intermediate Office Skills
Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Presentations
To successfully complete this unit, you will:
- Review and build on word processing skills covered in the fundamental course
- Create a new document.
- Edit a document
- Save a document to a disk
- Print a document
- Retrieve a document from a disk
- Use tools such as a spell checker or thesaurus
- Format a page using basic page layout properties (margins, justification, boldfacing and line spacing)
- Demonstrate the ability to use help features and tutorials
- Import information from other sources such as graphs, graphics, spreadsheets, databases and the Internet.
Write an essay on one of the following topics: evolution of computer technology or the range of applications in society. Demonstrate the skills listed above as you create this essay. Email a draft to your instructor who will provide more direction.
Once you have completed the polished draft and received your final grade for it, you may want to post a copy of your assignment here for the benefit of other students. To do so, add the title of your essay below and then link it to a new page where you can place your document.
Return to Intermediate Computer Studies.