Introduction to the Course Modules
Introduction to the Modules
You are encouraged to work through the five modules in order. A brief overview about each module is provided here. The activities for each module are designed to stimulate your thinking about the topics, and will help you to compile your Learning Portfolio which is assessed.
- Module One: What is Flexible Learning? - definitions, dimensions and principles of flexible learning are explored and applied to your context.
- Module Two: Diversity - how to provide inclusive access to learning is considered. Cultural diversity and how many factors influence the way people behave and learn is explored.
- Module Three: Trends - contemporary approaches to education are investigated including technologies to support learning.
- Module Four: Sustainable Education - the meaning of sustainability for your practice and how to be a more sustainable educator is explored. Open education resources (OER) and open education practices (OEP) are covered.
- Module Five: Strategies - a range of possible strategies for flexible learning are explored. Two strategies are designed for use in your teaching.