ELT Lexical Syllabus/simple English/Categories
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
|ELT Lexical Syllabus|
|Teacher's Guide||Frequency Lists | New Lists ||
|Basic User||add vocabulary lessons as sections of the topic "Basic User" ||
|Simple English||1 ||
|Independent User||add vocabulary lessons as sections of the topic "Independent User" ||
|Academic Wordlist||add vocabulary lessons as sections of the topic "Academic Wordlist" ||
Return to ELT_Lexical_Syllabus
Categories in the Simple English word list
Let's organise the 290 words in our list into these groups...
- PEOPLE, TITLES
- POLITICAL / HIERARCHY
- RELIGION, MIND
- TIME, SEQUENCE
- I know this word but can't say the category
- I don't know this word.
What to do
- Take a notebook and write one of the categories at the top of each page.
- Go through the list of Simple English words and try to decide which category each should be in
- how many of the words do you already know?
- see if you agree with my list of categories (I have three words where I can't say the category)