Create and manage files/Document formatting/Pages
|Create and manage files|
|Document formatting||Introduction | Paragraphs | Pages | Shading and borders | Key points | Assessment|
Page layout – center vertical alignment
A document can be centered between the top and bottom margin: this is called Centered Vertical Alignment.
- From the Page Layout Tab select the Page Setup dialog box launcher
- Select the Layout Tab within the Page Setup Dialog Box
- From the Page Section use the drop down arrow to adjust the Vertical Alignment to Center
A header appears at the top of the page, and a footer appears at the bottom of the page. You only need to create a header or footer once and Microsoft Word will place it on the pages you indicate.
- From the Insert Tab select Footer.
A sample of layouts will be displayed: you are able to choose from any of these layouts or choose Edit Footer to create your own.
- Select Edit Footer
- Tab Stops will be in place in preparation for you to enter text. To move to the next Tab Stop press the Tab Key on your keyboard.
Insert Filename field
This will always show the current filename of your document.
- Click your cursor where you would like the filename to be inserted
- From the Header & Footer Tools Tab click on Quick Parts
- Select Field
- Scroll down the Field names and select Filename
- Click OK
Insert Page Numbers
- Click your cursor where you would like the page number to be inserted
- From the Header & Footer Tools Tab click on Page Number
- Select Current Position
- From the Sample Page Numbers given choose Simple
This field will always show the current page number of your document: if you add more pages or delete pages, page numbers will adjust automatically.
Formatting Headers and Footers
You are able to format the text in headers or footers as you would normally e.g. font size, style and colour
Close Header and Footer View
- From the Header & Footer Tools Tab click on Close Header and Footer