Sarah's blogging workshop
|The Blogging Handbook|
5 x 2 hour workshops with Sarah Stewart to master blogging.
- PROMO BLURB HERE
Looking at blogs
- Finding out what a blog is.
- Subscribing to blogs with RSS.
- Join email forum for the workshop
- The email forum will be used to pass on information and continue discussions about issues that arise.
- Search for and find blogs that interest you and follow them in RSS reader
- Think about what is going to be the aim of your blog
- Bring digital photo of self to next workshop (or Sarah can take photo with her camera)
Setting up a blog
- Review RSS & answer any ongoing queries.
- Set up a blog. Think about identity and purpose.
- Set up profile
- Write up a post, upload an image and use hyperlinks
- Post the url/address of blog to the email forum so workshop participants can have a look at it
- Write 3 posts during the week
- Put everyone's blogs in RSS feed and check how everyone is getting on. Try to work out how to leave comments, and help with networking
Commenting and Networking
- Review how people are going with their blogs and answer any queries.
- Set up blog so people can comment on it.
- Sign up for a comment tracking service.
- Comment on blogs, asking questions as a means to engage the blogger and other readers.
- Comment in workshop participants' blogs and some blogs people have been following
- Write 3 more posts to the blog, including experience of commenting
Adding extras to your blog
- Check in with how everyone is going with their blog and commenting.
- Add widgets like stats counter, RSS, links & others
- Embed multi media like Youtube, PowerPoint, Google map, Blip.tv, VoiceThread and Animoto
- Keep developing blog with 3 multi media posts
- Comment and network
- Prepare for the 5th night with something you would like to be shown how to do with blog
- Tutor will help you with anything else you would like to do with your blog - general trouble shooting and enhancements
- Evaluation of workshops