Community Media/ICT4D JAMAICA/Draft Curriculum Media Training Workshop Jeffrey Town/Qestions for KRUU
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Questions for KRUU Chat
(: Call in on Skype - valgord5362; cell phone number: 876-838-5362 - you may or may not have to dial a "1" before the (876))
(: Please use asterisks "*" for bullet points)
KRUU FM Website
- How did the station start?
- Where did you get the funding for start up?
- How did you decide on the name KRUU and what does it mean?
- How many persons did you start with and how many do you have now?
- How does KRUU clear its overhead expenses?
- What is/was the community’s reaction to the station?
- What are the outreach activities that KRUU is involved with?
- What are some of the interactive programmes on the station?
- How influential is reggae music in Fairfield?
- Do you have any religious programmes?
- Describe your youth enrichment programme?
- Why do you put the man in the street on the radio?
- As the voice of Fairfield, wat are some of the issues that FRUU addresses for the community?
- What do you mean when you say that programmes can be underwritten?
- Why has KRUU established a food garden?
- Are there any disadvantages to using free software?
- Who maintains the garden and who benefits from it?
- Are your volunteers and staff financially compensated?
- Where do you expect to be in 5 years?
Participants in the Teleconference
- James Moore, Station Manager, KRUU-FM
- Roland Wells, Founder, KRUU-FM
- Valerie Gordon, Facilitator
- Rosamond Brown, JET-FM