- Find one or two forms or information sheets from within your school or business.
- Review these artifacts to determine which you could most easily identify the entities, their attributes and the relationships among the entities.
- Using a pencil and paper draw an entity relationship diagram of the entities and attributes discovered from the artifact.
- Review the ER diagram and draw fully attributed entity diagrams to second normal form. Identifying data types for each attribute.
- Determine which attribute is mandatory and which is optional, makes notes to your rationale.