CCCOER/Meetings/Weekly Oct 18 2010/Backgrounder CCCOER WE
- In support of / adding value to the OER movement...?
- Supporting OER ecosystem growth, momentum and sustainability
- In support of / adding value to our organization...?
- Supporting each organization's ability to achieve its strategic objectives
- In support of / adding value to our members...?
Currently, what has each organization provided?
- Websites: CCCOER main website, CCCOER wiki
- Internal use / communications to CCCOER Governing Board re: Use of WikiEducator as CCCOER wiki space, and part of CCCOER blended communications strategy
- Organization commitment and GB engagement: use of wiki
- Publicity for OER movement / WikiEducator events - (i.e., Open Access Week) to 618 members of COT Ning Community - http://collegeopentextbooks.ning.com/
- Websites: WikiEducator, OER Foundation
- free hosting, unlimited storage
- Foreward and publicity for Tweet book
Looking forward, what can each organization provide?
- US/Canada visibility and profile with 200+ community colleges and related institutions
- participation in joint-venture projects
- faculty participation / engagement
- 501(c)3 - US 'Home' for OER Foundation
WikiEducator / OER Foundation
- Free wiki skills training for CCCOER folk - all stakeholders - Learning4Content - eL4C47 - November 17-30, 2010, 10 day workshop, requiring 3-4 hours of effort
- Joint Ventures - RFPs / financial contributions / investments / sponsorship
- Open Content licensing project
- International profile / recognition (as in CCCOER Mission Statement)
- Feature CCCOER as a 'featured institution' on WE home page (i.e., BCcampus)
- OER for professional development of staff (i.e., ProD using OER)
- Development of organizational strategy and support resources, specifically relating to OER strategies (i.e., targets for OER courses, enrollments, etc.)
- What happens when a member of either organization wants to leverage CCCOER and OER Foundation?