is a Ministry of Advanced Education, British Columbia, Canada initiative providing educational technology and distance learning services to BC's public post-secondary institutions, their students, faculty and administrators.
BCcampus works to connect, collaborate and innovate - connecting institutions and educators with learners around the province. By connecting institutions and educators, we foster a climate of collaboration where innovative new educational technologies and opportunities can thrive.
Our ultimate goal is to help BC's public post-secondary institutions create a federated system where information and student data, curriculum, courses, and programs flow freely and securely between institutions.
What we do on WikiEducator
BCcampus expects to see growing use and synergy between multiple "open" approaches including Open Educational Resources (OER), open source software, and open access research publication. Participating in the OERF gives us an opportunity to connect with and learn from others on the global development and deployment of these open approaches.
We are particularly interested in:
- Working with others on strategies that combine "open" approaches
- Forming partnerships for development and reuse of OER
- Academic utilization of OER for credentials
- Forming partnerships to seek research funding and foundation grants to advance OER practices
joins the OER Foundation as a founding member. "What better way is there to ensure a more collaborative and constructive future for our children than to invest in bringing knowledge and ideas to learners using global networks that touch everyone. Initiatives such as WikiEducator and the OER Foundation are demonstrating the power of open educational resources to expand access to knowledge
. (David Porter, Executive Director, BCcampus, Canada.) Read more ...
OER Foundation Thought Leader's Forum
- Re: [OER-advocacy] SXSWedu
- Great catch Karen! - Randy On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Karen Fasimpaur <ka...@k12opened.com> wrote: > I'm sure most of you know the South by Southwest (SXSW) music, film, > and...
- — Randy Fisher (aka Wikirandy) 2011-09-02 12:47:32
- Cable Green moving to Creative Commons
- Greetings Colleagues, Friends and Family: Please forgive cross-postings… I am delighted to announce I have accepted the position of “Director of Global Learning” @ Creative Commons (job detai...
- — Cable Green 2011-05-02 19:10:43
- Monday: 3:30pm (EST): Innovators Discuss Attacking High Textbook Costs and Improving Outcomes
- Spotlight On Innovation: Attacking High Text Costs While Improving Outcomes Date: Monday, April 11th, 2011 Time: 12:30 pm PT / 3:30pm ET Duration: 50 minutes followed by a live Q&A session As t...
- — Cable Green 2011-04-11 02:39:05
- 7 Things You Should Know About Open Textbook Publishing
- 7 Things You Should Know About Open Textbook Publishing Educause / Direct Link The open educational resources model, including textbooks, has emerged as a response to rising text prices, a need for...
- — Cable Green 2011-03-11 19:05:40
- OER Track: Call for Proposals Now Open: 17th Annual Sloan-C Online Learning Conference (Orlando)
- * The OER track is a new addition to the 2011 Program. From: The Sloan Consortium [mailto:confe...@sloanconsortium.org] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:27 PM To: Cable Green Subject: Call f...
- — Cable Green 2011-03-07 05:15:27
- SLOAN Conference - OER Track
- The “17th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning” has added an OER track ;) http://sloanconsortium.org/conferences/2011/aln/call_for_presentations · It is estimated tha...
- — Cable Green 2011-03-07 02:31:47
- Education without limits: Why open textbooks are the way forward.
- Nice (short) video by David Wiley re: open textbooks… http://blog.oer.sbctc.edu/2011/02/education-without-limits-why-open.html Cable Green, PhD Director of eLearning & Open Education SBCT...
- — Cable Green 2011-02-27 21:07:33
- Call for Book Chapters: Open-Source Technologies for Maximizing the Creation, Deployment and Use of Digital Resources and Information
- Call for Book Chapters: “Open-Source Technologies for Maximizing the Creation, Deployment and Use of Digital Resources and Information” http://www.igi-global.com/authorseditors/authoreditor...
- — Cable Green 2011-02-20 03:12:03
- Flat World Knowledge: Director, Institutional Sales
- Hi All: Normally, I wouldn’t post a job position … but it’s from our buds at Flat World Knowledge… and I consider them to be part of the textbook affordability solution. If you know of anyo...
- — Cable Green 2011-02-14 03:45:12
- OER / OA & Policy Opportunity
- Hi All: The attached document is en route to Washington D.C. with our system’s Trustees and Presidents for conversations with Washington State’s Senators and Congresspeople at the ACCT National...
- — Cable Green 2011-02-13 03:39:58
- Disrupting College: How Disruptive Innovation Can Deliver Quality and Affordability to Postsecondary Education
- Hi All: You’ll want to read these articles, the report and attend the webinar… and ask: what role does Open Education … maybe a global Open University … have to play in this conversation? T...
- — Cable Green 2011-02-12 23:42:12
- Newsweek: Who Needs Textbooks? How Washington State is redesigning textbooks for the digital age.
- The Washington “Open Course Library” is in Newsweek. http://education.newsweek.com/2011/01/25/who-needs-textbooks.print.html Other recent stories on this project: · Seattle Times · Chroni...
- — Cable Green 2011-01-26 04:32:43
- WA "Open Course Library" on Public Radio: Michael Eric Dyson Show
- WA Community & Technical Colleges’ “Open Course Library” was on the Michael Eric Dyson Show (public radio) today. http://dysonshow.org/?p=3866 Time index: 33:05 (start playing – cli...
- — Cable Green 2011-01-25 23:59:31
- Science Open Resources: "World Library of Science"
- The good “Open Education” news just keeps coming… =================== World Library of Science See post by Sir John Daniel on the "World Library of Science," a joint venture between...
- — Cable Green 2011-01-23 05:18:44
- DOL $2 Billion Grant: Open License Required
- Greetings Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources, I just sent this note to Washington’s Community and Technical Colleges (see below). I thought you might want to modify the t...
- — Cable Green 2011-01-21 18:39:50