Abnish Singh Chauhan
|Employer:||TMU, Moradabad, U.P., India|
|Occupation:||Teaching & Writing|
|Languages:||English, Hindi, Sanskrit|
- 1 ABNISH SINGH CHAUHAN
- 2 Blog
- 3 Website
- 4 Education
- 5 Contents
- 6 Teaching/ Writing Experience
- 7 Research Undertaken:
- 8 M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision:
- 9 Published Books:
- 10 Course Material Prepared:
- 11 Term Papers:
- 12 Paper Published in Journal:
- 13 Papers Accepted/Under-consideration for Publication:
- 14 Paper Presented in Seminar:
- 15 Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers:
- 16 Papers Anthologized in Books:
- 17 Editing:
- 18 Creative Works:
- 19 Award:
- 20 References:
- 21 हिंदी प्रक्षेत्र:
- 22 My Books:
ABNISH SINGH CHAUHAN
Abnish Singh Chauhan was born on 4th June, 1979 at Etawah, U.P., India. He is a bilingual poet, critic, [writer], translator and Acting Editor of Naye-Purane. He has to his credit ten books and about thirty reviews, [articles] and interviews with eminent authors in Hindi and English. His English poems are published by Poetcrit, [Poetfreak], The Enchanting Verses International Poetry Journal, [P4Poetry], [Poemhunter] ,[Poemsabout], and his Hindi lyrics are published by magazines and newspapers like [ Kavitakosh], Anubhooti, Srijangatha, [Hind-yugm], Rachanakar,Sahityashilpi, Nayepurane, Golkonda Darpan, Abhinav Prasanvash, Pressman, Amar Ujala, DLA, Deshdharm, etc. His English poems are collected in the anthology A String of Words (Prakash Book Depot, Bareilly, U.P.) compiled by Irish poet Marie Shine, whereas his Hindi lyrics are collected in Pressman's Yuva Geetkar Ank and Moradabad Janpad ke Pratinidhi Rachanakar. As a poet, he builds a bridge between his reader and the world of poetry. He draws the reader in from the title of the poem and keeps them captive there until they reach the very last word in the poem. Whatever the subject matter, Abnish's work is most inspiring. He is a poet who is filled with passion for the work he produces. His work arouses the reader's senses and he effortlessly draws them into his world, where his words touch the reader on all levels, through the use of visual details and language. The reader is able to feel the writer's emotions, thoughts and intentions. There is a timeless quality of greatness in his work, which is most appealing. His writings won him the BSS Sahitya Sadhak Samman for 2009. Currently he teaches English at a College of Engineering.
- From "A String of Words" (Collection of English Poems) by Marie Shine
|Ph.D (Thesis Submitted)||2010||Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.|
|M.Phil. (English)||2003||Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.|
|M.A.||2000||M.J.P.Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, U.P.|
|B.A.||1997||S.C.S.J.M.University, Kanpur, U.P.|
- Teaching/ Writing Experience
- Research Undertaken
- M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision
- Published Books
- Book under Preparation
- Course Material Prepared
- Term Papers
- Paper Published in Journal
- Papers Accepted/Under-consideration for Publication
- Paper Presented in Seminar
- Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers
- Papers Anthologized in Books
- Creative Works
Teaching/ Writing Experience
Presently Lecturer, I have been teaching English and Communication Skills to both Undergraduate and Post graduate students for the last 8 years. My areas of academic and research interest include British Literature, Indian English Literature, Indian Fiction in English Translation, Contemporary Hindi Fiction, Contemporary Hindi Poetry and Communication Skills. Myself an avid student of literature and language, I have been writing critiques and editing a reputed Hindi magazine Naye-Purane. Apart from writing books entitled Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches, William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study), Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study, Functional Skills in English Language and Literature and A Study of Social Values in Arun Joshi's Fiction (in press), I have regularly contributed research papers, book reviews, articles and interviews with eminent Hindi poets in prestigious journals, magazines and newspapers. At present I am busy editing Naye-Purane's next issue- Dr Budhinath Mishra ki Rachnadharmita (A Renowned Hindi Poet-Lyricist). My books are being sold at International level by www.printisasia.com (New York), www.dkagencies.com, www.marelibri.com (France, Italy, Netherlands), www.scribd.com, www.bhavdiya.com. In 2009 I was given B.S.S. Sahitya Sadhak Samman by A.B.S.K.M., Moradabad, UP., India.
- M.Phil. (English) Dissertation: "A Comparative Study of Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose" submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.
- Ph.D. (English) Thesis: "Alternative Patterns of Values in Arun Joshi's Fiction" pursuing from Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, M.P).
M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision:
- An M.Phil. (English) candidate from The Global Open University, Nagaland doing research under my supervision for the session 2008-09.
- Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2006
- Functional Skills in English Language and Literature. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006.
- William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study). Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005.
- / Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2004.
Course Material Prepared:
- Books- According to the latest syllabus of R.M.L.Awadh University, Faizabad, U.P.)
- A Passage to India: A Critical Study. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006. (Co-author)
- Silence! The Court Is In Session: A Critical Study. Ayodhya:Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
- A Quintessence of English Prose. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
- "A Study of Human Bonds in Manohar Malgonkar's Novels" submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P., 2003.
- "Indian Sensibility in Shiv K. Kumar's Poetry" submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P., 2003.
Paper Published in Journal:
- "Basanti Sushma main Jivan ke Rang Khojitin Kavitayain" (Article on Ritu-Basanti by Dr. S.C. Gupta), Sahityayan (A Literary Journal in Hindi) ed. Dr. Suresh Chandra Gupta, Bareilly (December, 2008): 28-29.
Papers Accepted/Under-consideration for Publication:
- "The Exploitation and Oppression of the Subaltern in Mulk Raj Anand's Untouchable" 2."From Needs to Values- A Study of Sindi Oberao in The Foreigner"
Paper Presented in Seminar:
- "Spiritualism and Thoughts of Swami Vivekananda" at National Seminar on Management of "Indian Systems of Medicine & Dynamics of Life-Style" sponsored by Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi, held at Lucknow, 10- 11 June, 2006.
Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers:
- . "Pranayadharmi Giton ka Gayan: Parampara se Uttar-Adhunikta Tak"- a review article in Hindi on Shri Dinesh Singh's Tedhe Medhe Dhai Akhar, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (July, 2007):38-40.
- "Vartman Kavita Evam Uske Bhavishya ki Sambhavnayain"- an article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (Nov., 2007):30-32.
- "Filmi Giton ko Sahradayata se Swikar Karain"- an article in Hindi on the issue 'Gitkar Bada ya Kavi?', Sunday Ananda, Amar Ujala (March 31, 2008): 02.
- "Aaj ke Mahanagariya Jivan ka Sach"- a book review of Dr. Ramakant Kshitiz's Adhura Sach, Deshdharm, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02.
- Kalamkar ki Pida"- an article in Hindi on Shri Amarkantji and Shri Dinesh Singhji", Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Aug., 2008):44-45.
- "AIDS Niyantran main Shiksha, Sahitya aur Samaj ki Bhumika"- an article in Hindi, Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Dec., 2008):38-39.
- "Hindi Giton ke Sarokar"- an article in Hindi, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Nov. 26, 2008):02.
- "Prakhyat Gitkar Dinesh Snigh ki Rachanadharmita: Samar Karate Huye ke Sandharbh Se"- a review article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (May, 2008):25-27.
- "Kolahal se Uthatin Manviya Dhwaniyon ka Album"- a book review of Yogendra Varma Vyom's Is Kolahal Main, Pressmen ed. Upendra Pal Singh, Bhopal, M.P. (Dec.20, 2008):09.
- "Niji Swartha ko Tyagna Hoga"- an interview with renowned author Dr. Abdul Aziz Ankur, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02.
- "Manushyata ko Bachaye Rahana Jaruri Hai!"- an interview with renowned critic, poet, novelist, author and editor Dr. Vedprakash Amitabh, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Sep.14, 2008):02.
- "Norwey se Sammanit Dr Mahesh Diwakar se ek Sakshatkar"- an interview with this renowned poet, author and editor, Uttar Kesari, Moradabad, U.P. (Dec. 21, 2008):06
- "Hamare Jivan ki Hakikat Bayan Karatin Gazalain" (Critique on Puchana hai Tumse Sirf Itna by Saiyyed Ram Rahim), Abinav Prasangvash (A Literary magazine in Hindi) ed. Dr.Vedprakash Amitabh, Aligargh (Oct.-Dec.,2008): 116-118.
Papers Anthologized in Books:
- "Suyodhan: Ek Samiksha", in Jagdish Piyush ki Rachnadharmita ed. Shri Ravindra Kaliya & Shri Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2006):301-316.
- "Janata ke Mukhar Kavi Kailash Gautam" in Kailash Gautam Smriti Anka ed. Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2007): 205-209.
- Sub-editor of the Hindi book "Mahakavi Brijbhushan Singh Gautam Anurag", Moradabad: A.B.S.K.M. Prakashan, 2009
- Acting Editor of 'Naye-Purane' (Magazine of Hindi Verse), Raibarely, U.P. The editor of this
magazine is renowned lyricist, poet, songwriter and critic Dr. Dinesh Singh.
- Hindi songs, free verse poems and short stories (published in reputed newspapers and magazines of Hindi literature)
- My Hindi songs are published by Press Man in its issue- Yuva Geetkar Anka, dated May 30, 2009.
- My English poems are collected in the anthology A String of Words compiled by Irish poet Marie shine and published by Prakash Book Depot, Bareilly, U.P.
- My Hindi lyrics are collected in the anthology Moradabad Janpad Ke Pratinidhi Rachanakar published by ABSKM, Moradabad, U.P.
- B.S.S Shitya Sadhak Samman by ABSKM, Moradabad, U.P., India.
- Dr. Subrat Guha, Deptt. of English, D.A.V.V. , Indore, M.P.
- Dr. Shashi Mishra, Deptt. of English, Lucknow University, Lucknow, U.P.
- Dr. Jitendra Vatsa, Deptt. of Hindi, Magadh University, Bodhgaya, Bihar.
- साक्षात्कार 1, 2, 3,
Abnish Singh Chauhan