- 1 Case Studies
- 1.1 Sun Microsystems
- 1.2 Continuous Professional Distance Education for Health Professionals (HIV/AIDS)
- 1.3 Global Curriculum Development for Educators (using WikiEducator as a technology backbone/platform)
- 1.4 Improving the dissemination and implementation of research
- 1.5 Natural Resources Canada Resources Wiki
- 2 Ensuring Relevant Content for Learners, Conference Attendees
- 3 Business Plan Development
- 4 Policy Development, Review & Recommendations
- 5 By-law Development and Governance Review
- 6 Links & Resources
(: Gurmit - let's see about compiling case studies from industry, using online collaboration, training, mentoring apprroaches. - Randy Fisher 17:18, 22 September 2010 (UTC))
- After a 1-week training workshop, a new sales hire took 15 months to reach their quota of US$5 Mln/year. - case study by Jay Cross.
- Design: A revised sales training program was developed incorporating an e-learning course PLUS a 1-week case study workshop AND followed by ongoing coaching to improve performance.
- Approach: This application of the 3-Os model allowed for all conceptualizations of learning: try, interact, access, network, perform, create and learning styles and mechanisms to flourish for different kinds of adults, rather than simply the behaviouralist objectivist didactic training approach.
- Results: The cohort of sales hires who participated in this approach (using the 3-0s Learning Model) achieved their sales quotas in 6 months vs. 15 months.
- Return on Investment (ROI) by Adopting 3 O's Model of Learning:
- trained 1,440 new sales hires per year
- reduced training requirements by 9 months
- sales people able to achieve individual quota of US$5M each
- incremental revenue = $3.5 trillion.
(See Jay Cross' slides here on SlideShare)
Continuous Professional Distance Education for Health Professionals (HIV/AIDS)
This action research pilot project explores the potential of the 3-Os learning model. Details of the research proposal can be found at:
- Exploring the Potential of the 3-Os Learning Model: An Action Research Project for Continuous Professional Distance Education (E-Learning), a SlideShare presentation by Gurmit Singh.
Global Curriculum Development for Educators (using WikiEducator as a technology backbone/platform)
WikiEducator's innovative and highly-scalable Learning4Content e-learning model (which has trained 3,500+ educators from 110+ countries in wiki skills over 18 months). In the process, WikiEducator has become a top 100,000 website with 12,000 users around the globe. (Alexa.com} In October 2009, it recorded 10.5 million hits.
Community Media / Community Radio Community of Practice
- LearnShare HIV AIDS Website & LearnShare HIV AIDS Africa - developing learning programmes in Africa
- Discussion Group
HeyWire8 Think Tank, New Zealand
OER New Zealand
Improving the dissemination and implementation of research
Natural Resources Canada Resources Wiki
- Collaborative Revolution: The Success of Natural Resources Canada Resources Wiki, in NetworkedGovernment, October 2008, by Marj Akerley, Anna Belanger and Peter Cowan
Ensuring Relevant Content for Learners, Conference Attendees
- Challenge: Obtain real-time information regarding learners' interests, and ensure up-to-date, relevant content.
- Used a wiki as a tool before their summer school / conference, and as a followup to it (summer school). Create online opportunities to meet other students, learn their interests and target education / curricula to the learners
- Learners put up their profile, pictures, shared interests as well as all conference materials and different links to different websites. Chats going with other learners before conference
- Results: Allowed conference organizers to customize content, and target to learners' interests - before and during the conference.
- Feedback: "I thought it was a really cool use of technology. It was a very interactive workshop." - a conference participant from the federal government.
Business Plan Development
Real Property Institute of Canada, CANADA, 2010
- Challenge: To engage stakeholders to develop a 5-year 'evergreening' business plan, and ensure alignment with a renewed strategic vision, mission and mandate.
- Process: Using an OD/change strategy and virtual / online collaboration and engagement process to support and mobilize stakeholders.
- Results: In development (completion: August 2010)
Policy Development, Review & Recommendations
Health Canada Working Group, CANADA, 2010
- Challenge: Rapid social media (wiki) development/deployment and facilitation of an inclusive and participatory pan-Canadian multi-stakeholder comment process for qualitative inputs to the final report of a Health Canada Working Group.
- Process: Identified and gathered business requirements; surveyed and engaged stakeholders; used iterative, rapid prototyping to align and design synchronous and asynchronous workflows; developed learning and navigation tutorials; and provided facilitation and 7/24 technical support for a secure ICT/wiki deployment, use and adoption.
- Results: Thirty-five (35) diverse stakeholders from across Canada (i.e., across domains, geography and time zones) provided 90 comments in seven days. A second round of comments were included. The comments were incorporated into the Final Report of a Health Canada Working Group.
By-law Development and Governance Review
Links & Resources
- Essential Tips for Building A Successful Online Enterprise Community
- Social Media Guidelines of 113 Organizations
- HR Professionals Dig the Power of the Wiki, Atlassian (see Anna's comment about participatory content creation).
- Government 2.0: Best Practices Wiki