Draft proposal: WE Featured project
The aim of the WE featured project is to recognize and reward exemplary OER projects.
A featured project must meet the following requirements:
- A) The modules within the project must meet all the requirements as described in the featured learning resource criteria.
- B) The authorship of the project must meet all the requirements as described in the featured collaboration criteria.
- C) need to add criteria for an exemplary project... review eMM for this...
This will be measured by
- Independent open review (i.e. not blind review) by at least three peers who will attest to the content validity and fitness of purpose of the nominated project. (Reviewers must publish their names on the reviewed materials)
- Open invitation for community comment and provide feedback on the stated criteria
- WE encourage project leaders / managers to nominate their own projects for the featured project category. (WE do not want to force new projects into a rigorous review process or alienate new projects or project teams.)
- Nominees must/may? identify three independent reviewers who are willing to review the content validity of the project and publish their names as reviewers of the content (What documents or processes do we need for this?); --Vtaylor 21:04, 18 February 2009 (UTC) How about an alternative where request for reviewers can be posted, so that a broader base of reviewers can be included - not just those known to the nominee project? Same verification of reviewers credentials and suitability could still apply, regardless of source.
- An invitation for comments and review by the community of the nominated candidate is announced on the relevant page for a Featured project and main WE mailing list.
- Substantive suggestions for improvement by the
twonominated reviewers are posted using relevant templates (to be developed) or postings on the corresponding talk pages.
- A QA and review committee (to be formed by community volunteers) oversee that reasonable suggestions for improvement are implemented.
- Once suggestions for improvement have been implemented (or where no suggestions are submitted) the review committee can propose the candidate for final approval. In the absence of any objections from the community in 10 calendar days -- the status of featured teaching resource is conferred.
- Successful submissions are feature on the front page of WE for a reasonable period and a hall of fame page.
What we still need to do
- Develop relevant templates for the review process including corresponding links to tutorials or resources to help nominees meet the specified criteria
- Develop the relevant pages to document and support this proposal
- Develop a final policy for approval by the community.
- Develop a visual notification and "identity"that can be displayed on a successful featured project page.
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|