Draft proposal: WE Featured collaboration
The aim of the WE featured collaboration is to recognize and reward exemplary learning materials developed through multi-party collaboration.
A featured collaboration must meet the following requirements:
- A) Meet all the requirements as described in the featured learning resource criteria.
- B) Multi-party collaboration measured by
- i) more than one author contibuting to the learning resource.
- ii) editing and discussion history toward meeting the featured learning resource criteria
This will be measured by
- Independent open review (i.e. not blind review) by at least two peers who will attest to the validity of the collaboration producing a resource meeting the featured learning resource criteria. (Reviewers must publish their names on the reviewed materials)
- Quantitatively evaluating the resource for multi-author collaboration. (re: Historyflow)
- Open invitation for community comment and provide feedback on the stated criteria
- WE encourage collaborative authors and developers of a resource to nominate their own projects for the featured collaboration category. (WE do not want to force new developments into a rigorous review process or alienate new content developers.)
- Nominees must identify two independent reviewers who are willing to review the content validity of the resource and publish their names as reviewers of the content (What documents or processes do we need for this?);
- An invitation for comments and review by the community of the nominated candidate is announced on the relevant page for a Featured collabration and main WE mailing list.
- Substantive suggestions for improvement by the two nominated reviewers are posted using relevant templates (to be developed) or postings on the corresponding talk pages.
- A QA and review committee (to be formed by community volunteers) oversee that reasonable suggestions for improvement are implemented.
- Once suggestions for improvement have been implemented (or where no suggestions are submitted) the review committee can propose the candidate for final approval. In the absence of any objections from the community in 10 calendar days -- the status of featured collaboration is conferred.
- Successful submissions are feature on the front page of WE for a reasonable period and a hall of fame page.
What we still need to do
- Develop a method to quantitatively measure collaboration
- Develop relevant templates for the review process including corresponding links to tutorials or resources to help nominees meet the specified critiria
- Develop the relevant pages to document and support this proposal
- Develop a final policy for approval by the community.
- Develop a visual notification and "identity"that can be displayed on a successful featured collaboration page.
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|