Warrington School/Board Of Trustees/Smoking, Drugs and Alcohol
SMOKING, DRUGS AND ALCOHOL
- The procedure recognizes the importance of providing a healthy workplace for students and staff in accordance with the Smokefree Environments Act 1990.
- To comply with the regulations in the Smokefree Environments Act, 1990.
- To provide non-smoking role models.
- To give non-smokers protection from tobacco smoke.
- To ensure the safety of students and staff.
- 1. All school areas (land/buildings) will be free from alcohol, illegal drugs and tobacco smoke.
- 2. This procedure applies to all staff, parents, contractors and visitors to the school.
- 3. The procedure applies to all days of the year.
- 4. A school building and/or area may be hired for an out of school hour private function. The Board of 5. Trustees may approve the consumption of alcohol during the function.
- 6. Cars, buses and their drivers, transporting students are subject to this policy.
- 7. School trips and camps are subject to this procedure.
- 8. Signs identify the school as Smokefree areas are to be prominently displayed.
- Any issues arising from the policy are to be discussed with the Principal.
- EFFFECTIVENESS REVIEW
1. This procedure will be reviewed by the Board in accordance with the board's self review timetable.