|Extensible Markup Language (XML)|
|Overview||Rules | HTML+XML+CSS | XML+HTML | Uses ( RSS )|
XML is used in a variety of ways
- MS-Office uses the x (xml) format to store its files (e.g. .docx, .xlsx )
- Many OS Configuration files edited by the sysetm admin use XML
- Many Configuration files for Web based applications use XML (e.g. MediaWiki, WordPress)
- If you want to see the XML files in a MS-Word docx file, rename the file to .zip and look through the Archive (Container)
- This is a ghood way to find a rogue image in a Word file where the docx is larger than you expected.