12. Peer Reviews
- Another important learning skill is peer review. Reviewing the work of others who completed a similar assignment provides the authors with another perspective on their work. The reviewer also has an opportunity to see how the authors worked through the requirements and challenges associated with the project.
- analyze peer work product
- compare and contrast own work with that of peers
- peer review, constructive criticism, feedback, suggestions, requirements
- If you are the writer, think of peer-review as a way to test how well your writing is working. Keep an open mind and be prepared for criticism. Even the best writers have room for improvement. Even...
- "Peer reviewing allows a diversity of opinions to be brought to the table, theoretically removing any personal biases and pre-set ideas from the equation. The peer review process stops a lot o...
- Student handout This one-page student handout contains general information about student peer review; guidelines about writing and receiving review; and some common questions. Includes suggestions...
- example of an peer review form for an Engineering course - Engineering Systems Design Reflective journal. Each student has their journal reviewed by peers following this review guideline.
- focus on answering three main questions Does this paper make an important substantive contribution to this area of research? Does the methodology (design and execution) permit one to draw the...
- Peer Review - The final assignment for this course is your opportunity to review and critique the resources selected for other groups. Review the Group Projects from each group. When the Group list is ready for review, there should be one post in the 12. TOPIC: Peer review and feedback - PROJECTS discussion with a link to the Group WikiEducator page.
For the Group list you are reviewing, pick 2 of their "best" resources for evaluation. Use the 5 point total good / could be better (constructive) rating comparison evaluation to arrive at a score out of 5 for each.
* Provide feedback on each Group list as a numerical score and notes about your rating.
* Post your reviews as a Reply to the post with the link for the group in the Peer Review and Feedback discussion for the Group you review.
- Review the Collaboration and Group Projects student guide and comment. Were the suggestions helpful to you and your project group? Is there anything that you would add based on your experience working in online groups in the class? The Collaboration Feedback 2 assignment is an opportunity to provide additional feedback on collaboration, now that the final project is finished. Although this is similar to a previous assignment, you should have new information with the additional experience.
- Learning Literacies - In addition to the course topics, we reviewed the six Learning Literacies (Find, Use, Protect, Make, Solve, Share) that are critical life-skills for everyone these days. Provide your feedback by completing the Learning Literacies questionnaire.
- Go back to the Week 1 discussion and review your own Introductions and expectations posts. Look at your first I wonder... assignment question. What do you think? Were your expectations met? Did you find answers to your initial question? What did you do that helped you achieve your goals for this course? Is there anything that you might have done differently throughout the quarter? Post 2-3 sentence summary of your thoughts in the final I Think... assignment.
- Last chance - submit X. Extra Credit assignments to improve your overall course grade.
- If you want to say goodbye to your group and classmates, please do - Thanks and best wishes.
Thanks to everyone for all your hard work.
- 2013.9 909 . 2015.6 1281 . 2015.8 1589 . 2016.6 2234 . 2018.6 3828