Computers and Society
2018.6 - current main page
- CIS2 welcome email
- 18m WikiEducator OERs * 18m Teaching K-8 Engineering * 18m Educational Videos * 18m Open Textbooks * 18m Games in Education
CIS 2 - Computers and the Internet in Society
A critical examination of the capabilities and uses of the Internet, computers and cellular communications, and how they are changing business, law, politics, health, education, entertainment, and society.Course format is question-based student discussions and collaborative group projects.
CIS 2 Computers and the Internet in Society is a GE course. This is the online education section. The course includes lots of reading, discussing, critical thinking, and web-based research. CIS 2 is concerned primarily with the uses of technology (good and bad) and issues for society. We cover everything from accessibility for people with disabilities to identity theft. We discuss and research the impact of technology on computer crime, copyright, education, medicine, business and ethical issues.
DeAnza CIS2: WELCOME to CIS 2 - Computers and the Internet in Society *
- 1. introductions society findit
- 2. privacy protectit
- 3. copyright useit
- 4. crime solveit
- 5. work education makeit games accessibility
- CIS2 Resources - all course materials are online
- Gift of Fire - optional print resource
Welcome to CIS2 - Computers and Society
- Read the Syllabus. The Syllabus for the course is online. Please keep a copy for future reference.
- Begin working on the assignments for this week. 1. Introductions. For each topic there is an Assignments page. Click on the Assignment link in the main CIS 2 course page, and a list of all the assignment activities for the topic are displayed in a separate window.
- Introduce yourself in the discussion forum. We have a busy schedule for the semester. I hope you enjoy it!
- CIS Getting Started Resource
- Syllabus - CIS 2 Computers and the Internet in Society
- Discussion participation
- DeAnza CIS2: WELCOME to CIS 2 - Computers and the Internet in Society] Resource
- Missing assignments Resource
- Drop notice Resource
Community Service Learning - no longer required
- Project Gutenberg - proof reading
- Tar Heel Reader - creating easy reading online picture books for young adult learners
- Scratch - review sample programs, write an intro
- Engineering 4 Kids - review, write stories about people, places and things related to engineering for kids in K-8
- CIS2 "Trailers" - promotion for one of the topics in CIS2
- Citizen Science - Zooniverse
- Collaborative Projects - Collaboration and Group Projects Resource
- Grading Criteria Resource
- Reporting a Problem Resource
CIS2 : Computers and the Internet in Society web readings - open educational resource replacing textbook. Textbook used in previous semesters is still available for purchase as the print version (new or used) or pay for 180-day access the online eTextbook version. Optional. NOT REQUIRED Summer 2012
delicious tag - cis2
- 2010.8 428 . 2010.12 547 . 2013.9 3774 . 2018.4 8123