|Employer:||MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SPORTS|
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 2 PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 MY SAND BOX
- 4 PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS
- 5 PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- 6 COMMUNITY PROJECTS
- 7 MY PHOTO COLLECTION
- 8 PERSONEL PROFILE
- 9 My interests
- 10 Web Resources
- 11 Feedback and Notes from Others
This is Omutujju Ronald teaching Physics and Mathematics at Our Lady of Good Consel S.S.S.,Gayaza. Where I am also the Director Of Studies, I am very interested in sharing and seeing how computers can simplify many complex ideas into reality. Highly appreciates the idea of a wiki.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
I hold a BSc. and PGDE all from makerere University and presently doing a masters in Statistics also from Makerere Unniversity.
Been teaching physics and mathematics for over ten years in predominantly girls schools. I am also a District trainer for Mathemetics under aprogramm in the ministry of education and sports, where we encorage teachers to make their lessons learner centred through appropriate activities.
This the S3 block of the school I am currently teaching.
OUR STUDENTS AT ASSEMBLY
- .See learners grasp concepts and apply them to daily life.
- .Use technology to make learning fun, emjoyable , meaningful and permanent.
- .Help others grow through collaborative efforts and free sharing.
Demystifying the fear of Science and Mathematics especially among girls. The numbers offering in Advanced classes has gone up as the grades. Held two Science fares to promote Science literacy. Training other teacher to make learning learner centred and encouraging use of computers not ONLY in preparation but in Analysis of performance.
At the moment we are running a program on where the students collect money commodities such as soap,clothes , sugar and take to an Old woman nearby who has a mentally retarded daughter who has about three bastards. Then also an a Blind woman who was being helped but she has passed away recently. Plans are under way to give computing skills to the neighboring primary school. Using the pro life movement club. In which we avoid abortion and premarital sex. We are designing ways of helping a few girls who are abandoned after they conceive with a few items such as excess soap, sugar, or unwnted cloths that the students may not need. More to comevisit to home for the elderly.
- MAKING NEW FRIENDS
- PLAYING GAMES
- WATCHING FOOTBALL
I'm interested in:
- NEW WAYS OF DOING THINGS
- with global worming taking its toll we need to help young people appreciate beaty and conservation of the environment.File:Good ature photo
Feedback and Notes from OthersAlternative Teaching methods and add your comments, criticisms, more methods, or reflections. Just try it. Cheers, Phil. --Phil Bartle 10:44, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- (: man, this is good. you should have told all the other computer trs to come and attend)
- 14:30, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- Congratulations on a great start. I'm looking forward to "seeing" how your projects develop. --Nellie Deutsch 19:43, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi Ronald, welcome to our international educational wiki.
With your experience in teaching Ugandan girls phys and math you'r most welcome to our virtual physics center! Sorry that I'm for the time right now very busy and cannot push things forward, but in fall I'll start up a new initiative. I also touched by the way you're thinking of disadvantaged people in your neighborhood. With our project, we want to fight for more justice in education...
Best regards and enjoy our wiki! --GünOss 09:38, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome Ronald to this community. Hope you will enjoy adding useful content to the WikiEducator.--Gita Mathur 16:56, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- A warm welcome, Ronald. Please feel free to contact me for help during the workshop and later on.
--Nellie Deutsch 12:40, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello and welcome to the wiki skills workshop. Please click on edit at the top of the page, add your profile (you can always edit or add more information later), and save page (at the bottom of the page)--Gita Mathur 01:56, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- Dear Ronald, I see that you have obtained prior Wiki skills and are now here to perfect your skills. I salute you. Nice to see you here again. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 14:26, 2 December 2009 (UTC)}}