|Employer:||University of Canterbury|
|Occupation:||Professor of e-Learning|
|Other roles:||Director of the e-Learning Lab, University of Canterbury|
Acting Pro Vice-Chancellor, Education during 2013
Niki Davis is the University of Canterbury Professor of e-Learning and Director of the College of Education e-Learning Lab. She is recognised internationally as a leading expert in information and communication technologies in teacher education. Sought by UNESCO, European Commission, national agencies, companies, scholarly societies and institutions for her expertise; she has over 200 publications including books and scholarly papers. Niki was President of the flexible, open and distance education association of New Zealand, DEANZ, and a founder of New Zealand's chapter of Collaborative Action & Research Network (NZ CARN). In 2010 she was recognised as the first Outstanding Global Educator by the International Society of Information Technology and Teacher Education.
Niki’s teaching and leadership includes leading the University of Canterbury as a founder member of OERu in collaboration with her colleague Dr Herbert Thomas who directs the University’s Electronic Media Services team.
In OERu the Universtiy of Canterbury is known as UCan following the inspirational example of its Student Army in the aftermath of the seismic events that have led to a resurgence of the region.
Ph.D. (QUB), B.Sc. (Hons, Edin.), RSA Cert
My wiki projects
- 2013: Redeveloping and co-teaching EDEM603 'Change with digital technologies in education in collaboration with Wayne Mackintosh
- 2013: Co-Leading SP4Ed mOOC under Wayne Mackintosh's forgiving mentorship, see also related Blog http://professornikidavismooc.blogspot.com
- I registered for eL4C52, a Learning4Content workshop to learn wiki skills.
- Davis(2011) assocated with my postgraduate course EDEM630 in 2011
- SCD South Central Divide Blended Learning Project
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
||Davis(2011) draft 'book' in collaboration with my EDEM630 students in 2011|
| Target date for completion
|| --Professornikidavis 03:55, 18 December 2012 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hi Niki, I'm pretty sure that you have the skills for a few wiki certifications ;-). I've added a sandbox subpage above. If you demo your text formatting, images and links we can apply a Wiki certification -- of course its optional ;-) --Wayne Mackintosh 21:36, 21 February 2012 (UTC)