|Other roles:||Webhead Learner|
|Nationality:||English but in France over 20 years now !|
- 1 My Profile
Hi, I'm Helen Davies , an English teacher living in France.
I work in a secondary school with teens. I have been interested in ICT for some time , but it was a recent EVO "Becoming a Webhead" online course, that really "kicked" me into action ! You can find out more about Webheads here
My initial thoughts on the course
I confess I didn't even know WikiEducator existed until a short time ago. My first idea was to learn about wikis by "hands on" experience. However, as the course unfolds, I am beginning to understand the WikiEducator philosophy. Learning and doing are on the menu for the moment ! I am a little apprehensive about the OER teaching resource page. To be honest, I have no idea at all what I could possibly contribute !! I hope this will evolve as I become more familiar with the environment. After a few days off due to family things - I'm back on the road again. It's quite strange that although I wasn't actually working on the wiki I found myself thinking about what I would like to do......
WikiEducator News & Events
Welcome to eL4C38
- Hello and welcome to eL4C38, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the Daily Instructions for the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the workshop.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators:
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hello Helen, I just have a look at your user page. It's great going indeed to become Wikibuddy soon.You can use background colour, create free content, and use categories and navigation template.I shall be glad to collaborate with you.Kalyan Chattopadhyay 26 April 2009.
- Great to see you in the tutorial, Helen, and to see your user page. Do you have any concerns about the quality of educational resources developed using an open authoring approach? If so, what are your concerns? If not, how does an open authoring approach contribute to high quality learning materials?--Phil Bartle 06:20, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Helen, welcome to the EL4C24 5-day advance workshop. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Gladys Gahona.,
- Hello Helend, I saw your comments regarding my page during the live-session by Nellie & Gladys. Thanks. Let me know if I can help you. Gita Gita Mathur 09:55, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- hello Helend thanks for the help, i sure checked the Doctro's page its interesting will be sure to learn something there i have been looking for these font and color stuff great happy easter season.--carly 16:36, 10 April 2009 (UTC)