In a range of meaningful contexts, students will be engaged in thinking mathematically and statistically. They will solve problems and model situations that require them to:
- Predict and communicate the results of translations, reflections, and rotations on plane shapes. (L2)
- Describe the transformations (reflection, rotation, translation, or enlargement) that have mapped one object onto another. (L3)
- Explore and create geometric patterns involving translation, reflection, and rotational symmetry.
- Design patterns which involve translation, reflection, or rotation.
Visual Arts: Developing Ideas
- Investigate and develop visual ideas in response to a variety of motivations, observation, and imagination. (L2)
- Develop and revisit visual ideas, in response to a variety of motivations, observation, and imagination. (L3)
- Create a pattern using the stencil to develop own personal logo