The organization shall be called the DEBE HIGH SCHOOL PARENTS TEACHERS' ASSOCIATION, hereby referred to as the Association.
The office of the Association shall be at Debe High School, M2 Ring Road Debe, unless otherwise stated.
The Association shall consist of Ordinary and Honorary Members.
- Ordinary membership shall comprise of all parents and guardians of students enrolled at Debe High School and all members of staff at Debe High School.
- Honorary membership may be conferred on any person who has notably identified himself or herself with the welfare of the School. Honorary membership shall be conferred only at an Annual General Meeting and shall not exceed one (1) member for each term, and must be approved by at least o two thirds majority of those members present.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Aims and Objectives of Debe High School Parents' Teachers Association are:
- To foster a cordial and amicable relationship between the parents and all involved at the School for the positive and successful development of the children.
- To work together with the Principal, Staff, School Board and any other Stakeholders on projects and ventures that assist in achieving the vision and mission of the School.
- To adopt a proactive and collaborative approach towards improving the discipline of the children in school, at home and within the community.
- to work with the Principal and staff in accordance with established principles to resolve matters of concern raised by parents or teachers in relation to students.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- The Association and its membership shall at no time do anything that may bring the School or the Association into disrepute.
- The Association and it membership shall at all times act and operate in a manner which will enhance the status, image and reputation of the School, its Staff, the Students, the Association and its members.
- The Principal and Vice-Principal or persons acting in these positions are Ex-Officio Members of the Association.
- The Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Public Relations Officer, Education Officer, Committee Members (not less than 3 but not more than 7) and two Trustee shall form the Elective Members of the Association.
- The Elective Officers must be ordinary members and must be proposed, seconded and elected by a majority vote at an Annual General Meeting of the Association.
- The Executive shall consist of the Elective, the Principal, the Vice-Principal and Committee Members.
- The Committee Members shall be elected at an Annual General Meeting by the majority of the Ordinary Members present and voting.
- The Executive shall be responsible for the governance of the Association and for carrying out the aims, objectives and policies of the Association.
DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
- The duties of the Chairperson are to conduct he affairs of the Association in accordance with the directives of the Executive and the Membership and to represent the Association when called upon.
- The Chairperson shall ensure the holding of the Annual General Meeting as set out in the bye-Laws, and shall prepare and submit a Chairperson's Report of the past year under review.
- The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that any decision taken by the Executive or the Membership is carried out.
- The Chairperson shall prepare an Agenda, preside at all meetings and ensure that they are properly constituted.
- The duties of the Vice-Chairperson are to perform the duties of the Chairperson in the event of the absence of that officer and to assist the Chairpeson when called upon.
- The duty of the Secretary shall be to record all minutes of all meetings.
- The Secretary shall receive all motions, resolutions, amendments and any other prerequisites for the Annual General Meeting, and present a report of such items to te Executive and the Membership.
- The Secretary shall receive all motions, resolution, amendments and any other prerequisites for the Annual General Meeting and present a report of such items to the Executive and the Membership.
- The Secretary shall give notice of all meetings as prescribed in the Bye-Laws.
THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY
- The duties of the Assistant Secretary are to perform the duties of the Secretary in the event of the absence of the Secretary and to assist the Secretary when called upon.
- The duty of the Treasurer shall be to maintain proper books of accounts for all the receipts and payments of the Association's funds.