|Employer:||Department of Education and Training NSW|
|Other roles:||Drama Teacher|
I am a high school English Teacher who is currently using Moodle to engage my students in activities that involve using technology to support flexible learning and to enhance teaching opportunities. I am a member of several on-line learning communities, and when I have time like to share information, strategies and new ideas with them.
My professional interests are in the field of English Literature and Literacy. I am currently trying to engage my students in developing their literacy through hosting on-line forums, chats and through exploring on-line resources that I have tagged through my Moodle site. As a recipient of several awards for improving literacy outcomes for students I am constantly looking for ways to motivate students to develop skills in independent learning.
B.A. Hons Lit. Studies Dip.Ed.
My family, friends and my pets, Landcare, Bush conservation
Beat Literature,Networking with colleagues
Writing, poetry and cooking
The Virtual classroom, sustainable farming
I enjoy professional discourses that empower my teaching practice.
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Great start, Briggette. Keep updating your user page. You may add links and photos, too. --Nellie Deutsch 10:36, 11 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hello Brigitte and welcome to the EL4C41 Workshop! Congratulations on achieving WikiApprentice status. I encourage you to visit the requirements of becoming a WikiBuddy as well. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 13:15, 21 July 2010 (UTC) (UTC))
- Brigitte, have you given any thought as to a project you'd like to work on? --Benjamin Stewart 16:43, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Brigitte, I would consider adding the following: bold text, italics, headings and subheadings, and lists. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me or one of your facilitators for assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 23:53, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi Brigette, I live in Perth, WA and am also involved on e-learning. I am a Moodle co-facilitator/adminstrator on [http;//www.integrating-technology.org IT4ALL] and am also employed at Muroch university and Edith Cowan University here in Perth. This semester I am delivering an online unit - ICT in the classroom (to pre-service teachers). I look forward to chatting with you. If you have any questions please ask. Cheers ) --jennip 13:50, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- Good work Bridgette, now, experiment with adding photos and other files. Let us know how we can assist further --Victor P. K. Mensah 06:12, 29 July 2010 (UTC) (co-facilitator.
- Brigitte your page is looking grand. I find a web cam very useful for taking a easy to upload photo for the wiki as it is nice and small. --Bronwynh 09:19, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to eL4C38
- Hello and welcome to eL4C38, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the Daily Instructions for the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the workshop.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators:
|Wiki Skills & Collaborative Learning |
Saturday, May 29, 2010