OLALEYE Adesola Olutayo
|Employer:||The National University of Lesotho NULWeb|
|Today is: 17, December 2018|
This is the web page of OLALEYE Adesola Olutayo, simply called "Tayo"
- B.Sc (Hons) in Agriculture (Soil Science option)
- Certificate in Associate Project Management
- Apprentice Level II, Wiki
- The National University of Lesotho, Southern Africa Jan 2007 – Jan 2009 Associate Professor, Soil & Natural Resources Management
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria Oct 2002 – Oct 2005 Senior Lecturer
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria Oct 2000 – Oct 2002 Lecturer I
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria Oct 1998-Oct 2000 Lecturer II*
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria Jan 1993 – Jan 1995 Laboratory instructor
During the above mentioned years, I have taught diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate (diploma and M.Sc.) courses. I have taught pedology, soil fertility & plant nutrition, as well as fundamentals of Soil Science to Agricultural students (1998- 2005 & 2007 - till date). In addition, I have inspired these students and sown in them a passion for excellence. Contact and details of some of these students both in the Africa, the United Kingdom, and Canada could be provided upon request. In addition, I have inspired and mentored younger colleagues who are now making waves in research and development.
- I have worked as a research fellow within two of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)- the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and the West Africa Rice Development Association (WARDA) for five years.
- While in these institutes, I had been equipped with the ability/skills to be a team player, work in multicultural environment, and meet tight deadlines.
- In addition, I have been trained in the technicalities and details of research planning, conceptualization, coordination execution using results-based approach.
- I have been schooled in the art of communication (written and oral) and have good presentation skills. I have the ability to draft research and technical documents.
- I have also worked within the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Accra, Ghana a CGIAR member during my one year sabbatical leave where we conducted research on water use/irrigation and rice in selected wetlands of Nigeria.
- I have a brief stint (approx. 12 months) within the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Regional Office for Africa as a consultant in Accra, Ghana. There, I helped to develop Guidelines for Sustainable Management of Wetlands in sub-Saharan Africa.
- I have very strong networking and team working skills and can motivate and inspire functional groups to forge ahead and achieve set goals in the past years.
- I have encouraged colleagues and team members to set challenging goals.
- I have the ability to delegate responsibility, clarify expectations, and give staff autonomy in important areas of their work and involve others in decision-making. This has been achieved by showing appreciation and encouraging others to set challenging goals and obtain results related to their area of responsibility.
- I have been attracting funding for scientific research. I have been trained to meet target deadlines and can also work under pressure.
Peer Reviewed Articles
In terms of scientific writings, I have copious amount of internationally related journal articles: book chapters (5), peer reviewed articles (21), monographs, reports & extension publications (7) and published conference proceedings (15). I have presented oral and poster scientific papers locally and internationally. I have just been awarded a traveling fellowship to present one of the lead papers at the oncoming International conference on plant-soil interaction at low soil pH, China, April, 2009.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Working knowledge of French language.
I am highly computer literate and can work with DOS and have a fair knowledge of LINUX operating systems. I can handle confidently words, spreadsheets, and statistical packages (SAS, Genstat, Systat, SPSS etc) and graphic softwares.
- To improve my lectures notes on relevant courses that I have been teaching
- To use WikiEDUCATOR to write a book
- To be able to create a link with other educators globally
WikiEducator News & Events
Notes from my Wikineighbours
(: Hi OLALEYE, great to meet you here. Regards Anil Prasad 10:43, 24 March 2009 (UTC))
- Very nice to meet you as a fellow participant in the WikiEd tutorial Please come and look at my user page and sandbox. If you see an area where we can collaborate, let me know, also if I can be of any assistance at all. --Philbartle 03:37, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi Olaleye, I'm your WikiNeighbour. Welcome to the EL4C21 Workshop.
You might be interested to meet more Wiki-Colleagues. Visit WikiEducator FAQs.
Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Gladys Gahona.,
Junior Facilitator. --chela5808 18:06, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- Excellent work, Olaleye. Keep it up.