Last edit: 15:33, 15 February 2011
Hi class! I hope that you are enjoying the discussions. I can see that youth can be defined differently, others by age while others by their character. However, let us take time to discuss why youth is defined by age. You are required to give three reasons, then we can move on and look at dynamism of youth in summary.
Last edit: 15:34, 15 February 2011
Hello everyone, My first name is Sibongile
I think youth is defined by age because age brings: 1. changes in behavior and thought towards maturity 2. experience 3. biological changes towards maturity --Smauye 09:01, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
Why youth is defined by age:
- Age is a measurement of one's availability or level of a stature in life for instance a baby can be from 0yreas to 5years (in health centres such children must have an under 5 card) am sure mothers here will agree with me. So as the youth is defined as a human being that have atained 15years to 35years of age.
- I think that the other reason isa young person would start to develop certain behaviors in life such as sorry to use the term for lack of better words,)(puberty) the period of life during which the young person mature
- becourse this is a time when a person moves from a time of dependance to indipendence for urguements seck
Possibly the youth are defined by age due to the following factors: To get minimum reference groups to address the specific youth issues,Country specific life expectancy status,most productive age , to get minimum Labour market reference ,voting right as per the country legislative and education status (both formal and non-formal)
Youth can be defined by age due to the following:
- Age as a determinant for defining youth is to serve as a standard measurement for uniformity for a country or a group's operations.
- People of this group (transitional-youth) exhibit similar characteristics in terms of physiological, psychological and performance that can be directly linked to their ages or what others in their age group can do.
- The youth are mostly young people about to go through (experience) what adults have gone through, such as work, raising a family, skills, values and mindset.
Youth is defined by age to:
1. Set a period (in years) when youth can be supported
by policy makers and various stakeholders.
2. Identify common behaviours among them
3. Provide suitable programmes that are of interest to
particular age groups.