Talk:EDSLIONS

From WikiEducator
Jump to: navigation, search

ANNOUCEMENT

This Meeting is clossed!! --Victor P. K. Mensah 18:53, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Contents

Thread titleRepliesLast modified
Draft discussion Sunday 8/03/09017:40, 8 March 2009
Discussion preparation418:19, 4 March 2009
Mbl911K Assignment 012219:56, 1 March 2009
MEETING REMINDER3419:48, 1 March 2009
«no subject»1319:26, 1 March 2009
911319:20, 1 March 2009
911219:05, 1 March 2009
Discussion018:37, 1 March 2009
911 Discussions.018:35, 1 March 2009
911 discussions.018:30, 1 March 2009
Test Discussion617:47, 1 March 2009
Greetings from Malawi006:48, 24 February 2009
Assignment 911106:53, 20 February 2009
Assignment 1 EDS0209A(TEST DISCUSSION)806:51, 20 February 2009

Draft discussion Sunday 8/03/09

Lions Good evening

  • l hope we all got the chance to go over the drafts and we are in a position to comment on them.
  • Lets go over them according to the way they are asked in the question.
  • the introduction we can put it aside unless if there is someone who wants to challenge it.--Shungunyoni 17:40, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Shungunyoni (talk)17:40, 8 March 2009

Discussion preparation

hie

  • hie Victor i am on line you can go ahead.--Shungunyoni 16:52, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
Shungunyoni (talk)16:52, 4 March 2009

welcome!

We can start by you telling me in a breif what we will be discussing comming Sunday - in just a brief.

Victor.mensah (talk)17:14, 4 March 2009

We will gover the submitted drafts, and you as the revierw can state any annomallies if there are any. Find out if there is any who had problems in answering his/her section. To work on the issue of referencing and the required format. Tokindly ask people to focus on the assignment only because last week it was on the free for all side this time people will be given turns to talk. I think thats it.--Shungunyoni 17:59, 4 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)17:59, 4 March 2009

Exactly, to acheive that, i beleive you need to do two things:

  1. Write an email telling Everyone with a task to finalise it by this Friday
  2. everyone to post their tasks by this Friday and email links to all

then ..

  1. You will place a compiled first draft on EDS by Saturday
  2. Everyone to reveiw the documents (task outputs) and your compiled draft by Saturday evening and make comments on the EDS
  3. Sunday will only be used to discuss difficulties people have and other comments on SPECIFIC sections of your first draft report.

what do you think?

Victor.mensah (talk)18:05, 4 March 2009

Thanks thats fine with me as soon as l get the drafts i think i will come back to you so that we can look at the draft together. bye --Shungunyoni 18:19, 4 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)18:19, 4 March 2009
 
 
 
 

Mbl911K Assignment 01

Edited by another user.
Last edit: 19:37, 1 March 2009

AGENDA

Matters arising

  • Go over the question and follow the given instructions i.e number of pages and also mark allocation can give you a guide line on the content.

Housekeeping issues.

  • Plagarism is a forbidden act and this will have a negative impct on the group.
  • Referencing it can only be and it has to be Harvard style so when submitting your work please make sure you reference.
  • There are eight of us and the question consists of 5 sections so l hve allocated the work according to the section demands like marks allocated and number of pages.
  • The due date for submitting this assignment is 14/03/09.
  • The company we have selected is Commonwealth Secretariate where selected company reference is required you should work closely with Victor.

TASKS

  • Introduce the Commonwealth Secretariate as as per question requirements(10 marks)-Victor
  • Define workforce diversity please remember he cancelled section three because it was similar to section 2-Shumi
  • Describe at least 5 benefits and with reference to the company we have chosen which of these benefits does the company enjoy?-Hermanus
  • Consult at least one recent textbook on how diversity in the workplace should be managed-Shungu
  • Still on the same section you compare the mangement practices of the selected organisation and with those of the textbook-Akachi
  • Indicate where the company falls short and where the authors are understimating the complexity of te company you have selected- Shungu and Akachi.
  • Scientific evidence of diversity management you guys you will work out you will tackle this section-Luisa and Hove.
  • What have you learnt from the assignment and your suggestions on what Commonwealth Secretariate should focus on in terms of diversity management?-Kago

--Shungunyoni 21:19, 25 February 2009 (UTC)

(Comment.gif: NOTE!! discussions ongoing Victor)

Shungunyoni (talk)21:19, 25 February 2009

lions

Victor give us a general --Shungunyoni 18:29, 1 March 2009 (UTC)overview of the diverse culture of the Commonwealth Secretariate of course with question 1 in mind

Shungunyoni (talk)18:29, 1 March 2009

I reply to Hermanus, The Commonwealth doesn’t have a WORKPLACE diversity management Plan. We have rather several programmes assisting member countries to incorporate diversity in their programmes and agencies. Our Secretariat however has staff members from over 37 of the 53 member countries and citizens of all countries (whether big or small) have an equal opportunity of working in the Commonwealth Secretariat.

Victor.mensah (talk)18:41, 1 March 2009

Victor:

Can you direct me to a company website, company policies etc etc etc. that would be helpfull in deciding how divers your compny is?

--Hermanus Louw 18:57, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Hermanus Louw (talk)18:57, 1 March 2009

Hermanus

Any luck with the benefits of work force diversity. please take note of the word at list l will try to send some and then you reconcile.--Shungunyoni 19:07, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)19:07, 1 March 2009
 

http://www.thecommonwealth.org/Internal/167646/167706/workplace_diversity/ is what i have for the Commonwealth but there is rather very little there. My write-up should be ready for all by tomorrow noon.

Victor.mensah (talk)19:08, 1 March 2009

Thanks for the link.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)19:11, 1 March 2009
 
 
 
 

hi. a bit challenged with this. victor, you will help with the management practice of the commonwealth. may be you send the resources through email, so ican commence work.

shungu, lets exchange email within the week to compare notes

Akachi Ngwu (talk)19:00, 1 March 2009
 

LIONS

Ok guys it looks to me like internet access is severely hampering our communications tonight. I would like to point out the following and say that the discussions should not stop here. Akachi, as group secretary, please summarise all that’s been said tonight and email to all of us end of day tomorrow. I will be contacting people tomorrow about MBL911K and MBL912L assignments with follow up queries and remarks. The team charter is another issue that needs to take precedence this week and I will be contacting all about this.

Then on another matter, I would like to stress that emails are the primary means of communication and that when information is found or placed on EDS or Wiki the rest of the team is informed via email. Please guys make an effort to read you emails every day and respond to all and every email regarding you, this way will we be sure that the person who the email is intended for has read it. Also note that my primary email address is hermanus.louw@wspgroup.com and will constantly be responding via this address. My gmail account can thus be overlooked for a couple of days as I can not access it as frequently.

--Hermanus Louw 19:05, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)19:05, 1 March 2009

Yes, the internet has been hell! Luisa's power just went off in the course of discussions. I however think we all need some more orientation on how to use this discussion board. We need CHAIRING, as well as TREAD CONSISTENCY. I see Kaygo and Shumi replying far down to other treads and Akachi starting multiple new ones and Joachim replying somewhere esle, etc. - its all expected espcially as this is our first try. I will call everybody during the week for some more tutorials.

I dont know if Shungu want to wrap up with expected timelines for receiving documents from members now?!

--Victor P. K. Mensah 19:14, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Victor.mensah (talk)19:14, 1 March 2009

Great yea thank Victor, I think that we should have this write up tutorial that you are doing in the Team Charter and that we should all be on the same page. Ok guys I will be in contact with all of you over the next couple of days. Shungu, I will have some information for you within the next two days, remember, a draft version for further discussion is to be placed on the EDS by the 3rd of March 2009. Sorry to leave you but it is almost 11:30 here and I have to up by 5 again.

Cheers and all the best. HL


--Hermanus Louw 19:19, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)19:19, 1 March 2009
 

Hermanus, I will speak to you tomorrow abou the next assignment - hopefully you can assign me a key role.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)19:16, 1 March 2009
 

Hi Hermanus, regarding the project charter, I have seen a lot of us sent you the comments, please submitt the first draft to the team for approval before you send it to Kriek. You sent an email to Kriek with some questions what was the reply? You will also need to inform him that because of the new members we got last week we will only submit during this week.--Luisaserra 19:24, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)19:24, 1 March 2009
 

Hi lions,

I guess i will be signing out. using a cyber cafe, there are about closing for the day. hopefully, i will install internet at home this week.

it been nice charting online with everyone. though i still require tutorials to catch up.

have a wonderful week ahead.

regards,

akachi.

Akachi Ngwu (talk)19:43, 1 March 2009
 

hi,

are we still online?

Akachi Ngwu (talk)19:17, 1 March 2009

Yes we are still online, at least Hermanus, Luisa, Shungu, Kago, Akachi, Jeremiah and myself.

I expect Shungu to be wrapping up shortly by now. I have been trying to call her phone to no avail. But we will have a chat and i can assure you, our meeting next week will go far better.

Cheers!
--Victor P. K. Mensah 19:35, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Victor.mensah (talk)19:35, 1 March 2009

Hi Lions, Shungu is out the internet has dropped her. I believe we can call it a day for the first dicussion. I will be sending an email about today and see progress in the next one.--Luisaserra 19:44, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)19:44, 1 March 2009
 

--Kay go 19:51, 1 March 2009 (UTC)can we maybe have a situation where the project leader and the reviewer agree on the agenda a day or two prior to the discussion, so that either one of them can chair the meeting if the leader is experiencing challenges.

Kay go (talk)19:51, 1 March 2009
 

--Kay go 19:41, 1 March 2009 (UTC)i still am, any ideas on how we are to avoid the mayhem in future discussions?

Kay go (talk)19:41, 1 March 2009

My suggestion would be for people to circulate draft documents, which we then discuss and make contribution. Hopefully this may bring in efficiencies to the process.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)19:44, 1 March 2009

Kago & Jeremiah, I agree this has not been very good, but back in RSA some of the things that happened today were highlighted. I am doing an email which I hope will bring clarity and process in the future. I believe we can call it a day for now--Luisaserra 19:47, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)19:47, 1 March 2009

--Kay go 19:56, 1 March 2009 (UTC)good night all...maybe initially we shouldn't leave the discussion for sundays only...

Kay go (talk)19:56, 1 March 2009
 
 
 
 

Shungu is offline now. As per the authority of Luisa's statements

THIS MEETING IS ADJOURNED

Will call all of you during the weel.

Cheers!
--Victor P. K. Mensah 19:54, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Victor.mensah (talk)19:54, 1 March 2009
 

MEETING REMINDER

Lions

You are invited for a meeting tonight Sunday 1/03/09 at 8.00pm/2000hrs CAT. Lets honour our respective times. Thank you

Shungunyoni (talk)14:28, 1 March 2009

Lions

I know I'm a bit early but I'm online now. I just needed to make sure that I don't experience any technical problems. This is my official check in for our meeting --Shumimlingo 16:56, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shumimlingo (talk)16:56, 1 March 2009

Hi Shumi, I hope you are still on line--Luisaserra 18:09, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:09, 1 March 2009

Yep I'm here...are we waiting for Shungu --Shumimlingo 18:13, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shumimlingo (talk)18:13, 1 March 2009

Hi Shumi, I have just phoned Shungu, she says she s on line but slow, let's be patient this is our first discussion--Luisaserra 18:19, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:19, 1 March 2009
 

--Kay go 18:24, 1 March 2009 (UTC)yes we are, Shungu are you there? Victor have you the information on the Commonwealth Secretariat how soon can you avail it, i believe that'll be the first domino for the assignment....

Kay go (talk)18:24, 1 March 2009

Kago

Go to the post and work on your task as per question requirements, about reference visit the Common Wealth Secretariate website and also work with Victor. I look at it from this perspective Victor can only guide us not that he should have the answers we want.You should have your points ready and then using tho--Shungunyoni 19:48, 1 March 2009 (UTC)se points you refere to the Commonwealth Secretariate.

Shungunyoni (talk)19:48, 1 March 2009
 

Please go over the post and select your task and work on it as per question requiremnts--Shungunyoni 19:40, 1 March 2009 (UTC). Sorry l am using a cellular service modem at it is very slow. My office is 20 km away from my house so it is a bit of a challenge.

Shungunyoni (talk)19:40, 1 March 2009
 

victor, thanks for putting me through.

Akachi Ngwu (talk)18:52, 1 March 2009
 
 

Hi All I am online. The time here is Dubai is 21:20 Sunday evening.

--Hermanus Louw 17:22, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)17:22, 1 March 2009

Hi Hermanus, this is Luisa, time here is 9:07pm.--Luisaserra 18:07, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:07, 1 March 2009

Hi Luisa Serra (LS) and Jeremiah Chaphxanya (JC)

I would like to contact both of you tomorrow night telephonically to discuss assignment 1 for MBL912L. There are some work that would need to commence now to track certain steps as part of the assignment 1 for HR.

What time would suit both of you and please give me you numbers that would best suit you to called on.

Regards

HL--Hermanus Louw 18:14, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:14, 1 March 2009

Hi Hermanus, the best time for me is after 8pm, this means for you 9pm--Luisaserra 18:17, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:17, 1 March 2009

Great just confirm your ohone number for me and I will contact you 8:15pm your time.

JC?

--Hermanus Louw 18:20, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:20, 1 March 2009
 

Maybe we can do a conference call if possible.

I am not sure about time zones.

Otherwise if its late my home number is +441375484094.

Regards

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)18:44, 1 March 2009
 

Yes. We can chat on after 1800 UK Time.

Tonight I can do anytime on skype - search by name.

Regards

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)18:40, 1 March 2009

Great thanks LS and JC

Will email both of you tomorrow to confirm a time.

--Hermanus Louw 18:47, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:47, 1 March 2009
 
 
 
 

Good!! We have three online now.

(Comment.gif: NOTE!! All who get online at this time should kindly say HI to the rest of the group here. Remember to sign so we know the time you arrived. Its 7:50 here in Lusaka Zambia.)

--Victor P. K. Mensah 17:50, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Victor.mensah (talk)17:50, 1 March 2009

Hi Victor, Is there anyway of seeing who is currently online and linked to the converation? --Hermanus Louw 17:57, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)17:57, 1 March 2009

only when they say so here. That is why it is important to say hi here when u arive

Victor.mensah (talk)18:03, 1 March 2009
 

Victor, can I make a suggestion? Do you want to start a new discussion specifically for this meeting, then everyone can refer to the latest thread only? --Hermanus Louw 18:04, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:04, 1 March 2009

if Shungu says so, we will have to go down to the Mbl911K Assignment 01 thread and start responding to specific statements Shungu says we should respond to. Welcome to Kago and Luisa.

Shungu, over to you. Its time already.

Victor.mensah (talk)18:11, 1 March 2009
 

--Kay go 18:04, 1 March 2009 (UTC)that makes 4 of us...

Kay go (talk)18:04, 1 March 2009
 

make that 4 im on-line as well.

Kay go (talk)18:01, 1 March 2009

Hi Kay go, please do make contact with Taurai Hove, he will not be able to be on the discussion today, he has travelled back today. please make an effort to bring him up to speed.--Luisaserra 18:21, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:21, 1 March 2009

--Kay go 18:28, 1 March 2009 (UTC)no worries i spoke to him no more than 5 mins after he spoke to you, we are meeting tomorrow after work.

Kay go (talk)18:28, 1 March 2009
 
 

Lions, I am live on the discussion.

Regards

JC

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)18:02, 1 March 2009

Hi Jeremiah you are on the right page. I have just spoken with Shungu she is on line, but slow, please be patient, this is our first try--Luisaserra 18:16, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:16, 1 March 2009
 

Hi JC

There is a discussion above that I require a answer form you. Please read and repond.

--Hermanus Louw 18:28, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:28, 1 March 2009

JC

You HERE?

--Hermanus Louw 18:38, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:38, 1 March 2009
 
 

I am on line Luisa--Luisaserra 18:05, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:05, 1 March 2009

Lions, Has the discussion started, or is it I am on the wrong page???

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)18:13, 1 March 2009

You are on the right page. Just about Starting. SHungu (chair) will start by posting a question on the tread Mbl911K Assignment 01 far bellow. That is the agenda we will be discussing today.

Victor.mensah (talk)18:23, 1 March 2009
 
 
 

«no subject»

Hie Lions

Iam on line but my net is a bit slow.Well l hope l find you well and you all manged to get your tasks and you have started working on them. Victor l foresee a situation where we will all be coming to you where a question requres reference to the oganisation. Question 3 is back again so we now have to give the load Shumi anad partner. --Shungunyoni 18:18, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)18:18, 1 March 2009

Hi Shungu, I had a chat over the phone with Utang Lois 2 hours ago, the lady from Nigeria she is very keen in joining the work for Shumi and Hermanus, if that is ok with you. Victor she is still in RSA and she is not able to get in the Wiki, maybe you can support her a bit.--Luisaserra 18:28, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:28, 1 March 2009

Its fine with me l just have to go back to the drawing board and see if it does not have a ripple effect like if i am to say she swops with someone maybe that person had already tarted working on that particular task.--Shungunyoni 18:46, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)18:46, 1 March 2009

Hi Shungu, I had a chat with Shumi just now, he is off the discussion, the internet is not helping. He seemed very positive in having Utang to work with him. Please resolve this with an email first thing tomorrow.--Luisaserra 19:11, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)19:11, 1 March 2009
 
 

Hi guys I would like to jump right in and offer the following:

• Maybe do SWOT analysis on what diversity means to the Commonwealth Secretariat. • Victor: Maybe have interview HR Executive of the Commonwealth Secretariat, can ask questions like: o Does the Commonwealth Secretariat have a diversity management plan? o Why is diversity management important for the Commonwealth Secretariat? o Does affirmative action have a role to play in the Commonwealth Secretariat? o Has the Commonwealth Secretariat ever interviewed their staff about diversity in the workplace, and what was the outcome of such an interview? o What are the challenges and advantages of diversity management for the Commonwealth Secretariat? o Does the Commonwealth Secretariat have a demographic profile of all staff/management? o What are the future diversity plans for the Commonwealth Secretariat?

• Victor: does the Commonwealth Secretariat have a diversity plan/program, what steps do they take to embrace diversity and do they benefit from any of the following through having a diversity plan/program: o Healthy work environment o Increased productivity o Innovation o Broader range of knowledge

--Hermanus Louw 18:30, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:30, 1 March 2009

Hermanus,

My reply down on the main manu for today.

Victor.mensah (talk)18:37, 1 March 2009

Hi Victor not to sure where the main menu is anymore?

--Hermanus Louw 18:42, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:42, 1 March 2009
 

Hermanus,

My reply down on the main manu for today.

Victor.mensah (talk)18:38, 1 March 2009
 

Hrmanus thats a brilliant idea or we might be burdening Victor --Shungunyoni 18:58, 1 March 2009 (UTC)l feel if we also visit th Common wealth secretariate website we might find some information and then he can polish it up. where reference is required.

Shungunyoni (talk)18:58, 1 March 2009
 

Shungu,

You should rather be leading the discussion from the tread Mbl911K Assignment 01. Reply to it and give SPECIFIC instruction of what issue we should discuss NOW.

Victor.mensah (talk)18:30, 1 March 2009

Well, since everybody is responding here, maybe should we go ahead using this tread?

Victor.mensah (talk)18:32, 1 March 2009

Victor:

Have you seen my above post. Any thoughts? I will email you direct again tomorrow.

--Hermanus Louw 18:35, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)18:35, 1 March 2009

Victor

I think you need to orient us on the use of the page it looks we are doing it haphazardly or maybe i failed to lead the discussion l do not know.--Shungunyoni 19:22, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)19:22, 1 March 2009

i think its great for a start. Hopefully we will get better with time.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)19:26, 1 March 2009
 
 
 
 
 

Hi some one should talk to me . iam online

Akachi Ngwu (talk)18:41, 1 March 2009

Hi Akachi, I am on line and seeing you, there is a discussion going on on the first query between Hermanus and Victor and Shungu--Luisaserra 18:53, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)18:53, 1 March 2009

hi luisa,

a bit challenged with this now. do we think the website will provide all necessary information?

Akachi Ngwu (talk)19:09, 1 March 2009

Hi Akachi, let's follow the part of the work we need to do and discuss on email with the relevant person you are suppose to work with. Then when the 2 of you are happy with the work put it on the EDS as draft so we can all read it and give comments.--Luisaserra 19:20, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)19:20, 1 March 2009
 
 
 

Hi shungu,

will make my submission available by friday. i guess the text is the hr textbook by swanpoel et

Akachi Ngwu (talk)18:43, 1 March 2009

Yes Swanpoel is the prescribed text but l really did not see that much on diversity management. Consult the one you bought Tom and WILKINSON IT HAS SOME RELEVANT MATERIAL--Shungunyoni 18:52, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)18:52, 1 March 2009

ok, fine. we also need to compare notes. will send a draft to you within the week

Akachi Ngwu (talk)19:05, 1 March 2009
 
 

Discussion

Victor give us the general overview of the diverse culture of the commonwealth Secretariate of cause in line with what the question requires.--Shungunyoni 18:37, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)18:37, 1 March 2009

911 Discussions.

hi guys,

just joined some minutes back. i had challengs connecting online. time is 18.33pm Nigerain time.

Akachi Ngwu (talk)18:35, 1 March 2009

911 discussions.

Hi shungu,

Thanks, will contact luisa and hove, so we can harmonize our contribution. how amny pages do you want.

Akachi Ngwu (talk)18:30, 1 March 2009

Test Discussion

this is a text discussion. Reply if you ge tthis.

--Victor P. K. Mensah 06:44, 19 February 2009 (UTC)

Victor.mensah (talk)06:44, 19 February 2009

i've typed and replied

Kay go (talk)06:54, 19 February 2009
 

I WILL WORK ON IT.

Shungunyoni (talk)06:54, 19 February 2009
 

xhfdzv b,hfgjbehhtfbgjy

Hermanus Louw (talk)06:55, 19 February 2009
 

OK

Shungunyoni (talk)06:55, 19 February 2009
 

Hi Victor, Testing, looks like its working.Waaal....

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)09:59, 1 March 2009

GOOD!

Guess we are all ready to go.

--Victor P. K. Mensah 17:47, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

Victor.mensah (talk)17:47, 1 March 2009
 
 

Greetings from Malawi

hie guys it was nice meeting you all. It is so comforting to work with someone you knowfacialy not that the looks matters but you can always associate the name with the face., not ghost group member. I had a save trip back home. I will start working on the agenda today and then we can always comment and discuss it before our sunday meeting so that we do not spend time on the ifs and who has more work.bye for now--Shungunyoni 06:48, 24 February 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)06:48, 24 February 2009

Assignment 911

Shungu,

How many pages are required for this submission.

Kindly revert.

Akachi

Akachi Ngwu (talk)06:49, 20 February 2009


The number of marks awarded will guide you on the number of pages.--Shungunyoni 06:53, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)06:53, 20 February 2009
 

Assignment 1 EDS0209A(TEST DISCUSSION)

Agenda

Matters arising

Refer to MBL11K assignment 1 question and answer the following questions, please take note of mark allocations and number of pages. The organisation we will be dealing with is the Common Wealth Secretariat Thank you


  1. You are required to give an introduction of the Common Wealth Secretariat.- VICTOR
  2. 3 definitions that emphasise different aspects of work force diversity and its relevance to the Common wealth Secretariat.
  3. Please give three definitions of diversity management and describe it in a comprehensive manner.- Kago
  4. Describe at least five benefits of having a diverse work force.- Emanos
  5. Explain how diversity should be managed, and also compare the management practice in the textand that of the Common Wealth Secretariat- Luisa, Akacha, Hove
  1. Find at least 3 Articles that suggest diversity has a positive effecton organisational performance and 3 that indicate a negative effect.State which practices contribute to productivity and which practices are having negative effect-Shungu
  1. Write what you have learnt from this assignment and suggest the companyselectshould focustheir attentionin the management of diversity-Shumi--Shungunyoni 06:09, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

--Shungunyoni 06:09, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)06:09, 20 February 2009

Hi Shungu

In reply to the above post, item number 4).

In how many pages do you require me to decribe the benifits? --Hermanus Louw 06:29, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Hermanus Louw (talk)06:29, 20 February 2009

the total mark is 10 and we need 2 pages from you thank you--Shungunyoni 06:42, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)06:42, 20 February 2009

test

--Akachi Ngwu 06:51, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Akachi Ngwu (talk)06:51, 20 February 2009
 
 

Hi guys

When am I scheduled to this by?

Shumimlingo (talk)06:29, 20 February 2009

Hi this is just a test

--Shumimlingo 06:32, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Shumimlingo (talk)06:32, 20 February 2009
 

Hi Shungu, i am fine with the assignment. I will be in touch with Victor during the week so I can relate to thw Commonwealth Secretariat. I will post my draft work by Thursday so you can do some quality check on it.

--Luisaserra 06:32, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)06:31, 20 February 2009
 

sounds pretty simple will avail it asap

Kay go (talk)06:37, 20 February 2009

Good we will see that --Shungunyoni 06:46, 20 February 2009 (UTC)

Shungunyoni (talk)06:46, 20 February 2009