(Redirected from OERU
Official Website | 5 Things you should know about the OERu network plan | Founding anchor partner statements
The OERu is a virtual collaboration of like-minded institutions
committed to creating flexible pathways for OER learners to gain formal academic credit.
The OERu aims to provide free learning opportunities to all students worldwide using OER learning materials with pathways to gain credible qualifications from recognised education institutions. It is based on the community service and outreach mission to develop a parallel learning universe to augment and add value to traditional delivery systems in post-secondary education. Through the community service mission of participating institutions we will open pathways for OER learners to earn formal academic credit and pay reduced fees for assessment and credit.
Inaugural meeting | Contact
|Directed by the core principles of engagement the OERu collaboration:
- Will design and implement a parallel learning universe to provide free learning opportunities for all students worldwide with pathways to earn credible post-secondary credentials.
- Offer courses and programs based solely on OER and open textbooks.
- Design and implement scalable pedagogies appropriate for the OER university concept.
- Will implement scalable systems of volunteer student support through community service learning approaches.
- Coordinate assessment and credentialising services on a cost recovery basis for participating education institutions to ensure credible qualifications and corresponding course articulation among anchor partners.
If you plan to blog about the #oeru please register register here so we can aggregate your posts.
- Notes from Centre Jacques Cartier seminar on MOOCs, Lyon, France (November 25, 2013 13:04)
- Two Comments on 'Open' (September 18, 2013 18:23)
- SP4Ed - Scenario Planning for Educators mOOC, my blog for Day 1 (May 22, 2013 11:27)
- European Commission launches its new Rethinking Education strategy (November 27, 2012 10:36)
- UOW eLearning Forum: Open UOW: Who is in the open & how do we join them? (August 12, 2012 22:53)
- 2012 OER Paris Declaration (June 23, 2012 08:42)
- OERu share solutions for Education for All at UNESCO World OER Congress (June 19, 2012 11:01)
- Open content licensing for educators (OCL4Ed 2012); free online workshop (May 15, 2012 18:08)
- Open Education; need of the hour (January 25, 2012 20:30)
- Resolutions for 2012 (December 31, 2011 12:49)
OERU planning discussions
Join the OERu group.
Failed to load RSS feed from https://groups.google.com/forum/feed/oer-university/msgs/rss_v2_0.xml!