Individuals are free to learn from OER hosted on the open web. The OER for Assessment and Credit for Students Project
will provide opportunities for these OER learners who are interested in earning formal academic credit for their learning. This project will contribute to the design and development of the OER university
This OER initiative will align with the community service and outreach missions of the formal education sector. Through our community service mission we will open pathways for OER learners to earn formal academic credit and pay reduced fees for assessment and credit. In this way the OER movement can contribute to addressing the global demand for higher education where traditional delivery models are unable to respond to the need for post-secondary education.
What we aim to achieve
|This project aims to:
- Collaboratively develop:
- a logic model including inputs, activities, outputs and impact framework for the initiative;
- a project and implementation plan derived from the logic model.
- Implement one or more credentials based on OER resources for piloting and refining the model across multiple institutions.
- Build a network of formal education education institutions, OER agencies, governments and international agencies to contribute to the incremental development and refinement of the OER university thus nurturing the evolution of a sustainable international OER ecosystem.
What people are saying - Blogs about OERu
- Presentation to UNCTAD's Advisory Group on "Developing skills, knowledge and capacities through innovation: E-Learning, M-Learning, cloud-Learning" (December 12, 2013 09:00)
- Notes from Centre Jacques Cartier seminar on MOOCs, Lyon, France (November 25, 2013 13:04)
- Two Comments on 'Open' (September 18, 2013 18:23)
- SP4Ed - Scenario Planning for Educators mOOC, my blog for Day 1 (May 22, 2013 11:27)
- European Commission launches its new Rethinking Education strategy (November 27, 2012 10:36)
- UOW eLearning Forum: Open UOW: Who is in the open & how do we join them? (August 12, 2012 22:53)
- 2012 OER Paris Declaration (June 23, 2012 08:42)
- OERu share solutions for Education for All at UNESCO World OER Congress (June 19, 2012 11:01)
- Open content licensing for educators (OCL4Ed 2012); free online workshop (May 15, 2012 18:08)
- Open Education; need of the hour (January 25, 2012 20:30)
News and announcements
Towards an OER university: Free learning for all students worldwide
. UNESCO and the OER Foundation announce a strategic international meeting to be hosted in Dunedin on 23 February to commence planning for the provision of free learning to all students worldwide. Support from UNESCO to stream the meeting will allow the participation of education leaders from around the globe. Read more ...
UNESCO will sponsor a live web stream of the planning meeting
. Register now
as a remote participant, download the
and spread the word among colleagues and friends. Let's build sustainable OER futures together!
- Online university discussions begin., Samoa observer, 26 February 2011.
- New uni to bring classes to the masses, Northern Weekly, Melbourne, Australia. 21 February 2011.
- Channel 9 News, Dunedin, New Zealand. 21 February 2011.
- University of Southern Queensland plan for free online university, The Australian, 16 February 2011.
- Plan for online university, Otago Daily Times, 12 February 2011.
- From where I sit: Everyone wins in this free for all. Times Higher Education, London, 10 February 2011.
- OER university to cut cost of degree, in Times Higher Education, London, 10 February 2011.
- Designing assessment and credit pathways for open education learners, Creative Commons, 9 February 2011.
- Towards an OER university: Free learning for all students worldwide, UNESCO press release, 8 February 2011.
Identi.ca #oeru Feed
|Sorry, Identi.ca is no longer available.
Discussion list feed