- Design assessment that adheres to the values and principles of effective assessment.
- Assessment needs to align with the learning outcomes or performance criteria.
- Formative assessment can enhance the learning and teaching process and guide students.
- It is crucial for effective learning
- Summative assessment measures how learning outcomes are met.
- Feedback needs to take different forms so that students can extend and deepen their learning.
- Methods and tools of assessment stimulate different types of thinking and learning so choosing carefully and using a variety is important.