Discussion or Talk pages
- The wiki provides tools for communication and conversation among participants
- The Discussion page, sometimes called the Talk page, is used to leave notes or start discussions about the page you are viewing.
- It can be used to discuss changes/edits made or used to make suggestions about a particular page
- This page is used for communication, courtesy and consideration.
- When using this page try to keep on topic.
- When leaving a message on the page, sign your post by typing in four tildes. They will be replaced by your username and time stamp like this Eliamgf 20:59, 11 March 2009 (UTC).
- Be concise. Avoid rambling on and repetition.
- Keep the layout clear e.g.
- Answer posts or comments underneath the original. This makes it easy to see the chronological order of posts. The one at the bottom is the latest.
- Indent your posts. This makes it easy to see that you are a different user to the previous post.
- It is often useful to make a heading for new topics in the Talk pages.
My Talk Pages
- Every page on the wiki has an associated discussion or talk page.
- The talk page of yoru User page can be used by others to contact you to discuss projects or edits that you have made.
- When you are logged in, The "My talk" link at the top of the page will take you to your talk page.
- Other wiki users may use your talk page as a way to contact you to discuss a project or to introduce themselves.
To keep track of pages you are interested in, click the "Watch" tab along the top of the page.
- Clicking on this link will add the page you are currently on to your watchlist.
- The "watch" link will change to "unwatch" for any page you have added to your watchlist.
- You can remove the page from your list by clicking on the 'unwatch" link.
- You must be logged in to do this.
- You can also be notified by email when a page you're watching is changed. This is done by clicking "my preferences" link.
- This page keeps track of the pages you have worked on.
- You can access other users' contributions to see how they have contributed by bringing up their User page and clicking on the User contributions in the left hand toolbox.