Learning4Content/Workshops/Face-to-Face schedule/L4C11/Quality/Group 2
The following bullet points illlustrate points which support both open and closed authoring.
Advantages for Open Authoring
- Sharing of quality information in terms of updated information and technology
- Strengthens and enhances the partnership in dealing with issues affecting a certain phenomenan
- Improves the quality of the content of a certain material due to contributions from sources
- Unlimitted providers of information
- Huge pool of knowlege and skills to choose from freely given or contributed by others who are willing to share or contribute freely.
- Enables professionals to share knowlege and skills to amass of people.
- Easy access to contents with no time and geographical barriers.
- Network with other groups of people who have similar profession,interest and need.
- Lack of ownership
- Quality is compromised
- High Risk of Plagiarism
- Not commercially viable
- Culturally biased
- Limited source of information
- Anybody can edit and make changes.
- vulnerable to vandalism
- Less control on quality