Supporting Access to Jewish Education (SAJE)
This Open Jewish Education space arises out of my interest in developing quality Open Educational Resources (OERs) for Jewish Education at all levels. For many folks, a quality Jewish Education is not available, unaffordable and unimaginable.
Recently, I spoke with 80+ year old friend of mine, and he told me it cost $12,500 CAN to send his granddaughter to school for one (1) year for a Jewish Education. He also went onto say, that for folks who didn't have the funds, they could approach the school directly for financial support ~ but you know, that's got to be really tough on the person asking....maybe even humiliating.
There has to be a better way.
In this vast, interconnected world of ours - why can't we have free and open Jewish Education? Nu?
If you're interested in exploring the potential and possibilities here, please sign your name below - we can begin developing a strategy to:
- receive donations / contributions of Jewish learning materials as open content;
- connect and network with educators interested in free and open Jewish education;
- approach potential funders with innovative project ideas
Sign Here (name, role / affiliation, country)
- Randy Fisher 17:31, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- AFriedman 16:40, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- Nellie Deutsch 16:48, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- Amihai Bannett 12:18, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
- Richard D. Solomon Professionally, I would like to connect with Jewish day and supplemental educators interested in developing a new professional career ladder for teachers starting in elementary school and continuing through graduate school. If you wish to learn more about our vision, click onto my blog.