Rich datasets for use in intro stats classes
This page lists links to large publicly-available datasets which may be of use to students in introductory research projects.
National Center for Education Statistics (US)
- The Education Data Analysis Tool can be used to create user-specified datasets for download from available NCES surveys.
- Other datasets are accessible via Data Tools, although individual-level data may not be available for all topics.
National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
- Access to the dataset
- The variable names and detailed information about the study is available in the codebooks
- An online analysis tool is also available, which includes a function to subset (randomly select) a smaller number of cases.
State (US) Report Card and Assessment Data
- New Jersey
- New York
- report cards - see database zip files for individual years.
US Census data
- US Census Bureau's Data Access Tool