Heywire8 - Wellington
Reserve your place by registering here
The National Library of New Zealand in collaboration with the Ministry of Education's Managed Learning Environment (MLE) project and the OER Foundation will host an open think tank for New Zealand educational practitioners, library profesionals, policy makers and decision makers to explore opportunities and pathways for building a national OER initiative.
Following the WikiEducator traditions of thought leadership established with the Tectonic Shift Think Tank, we hope that our experiences with the Heywire8 Think Tank will create a model for inspiring and informing other countries in building national OER collaborations. More importantly, we hope that this think tank will be an important catalyst to establish a thriving New Zealand community of OER content collaborators building on the solid foundations established by the national eLearning community.
- Place: National Library of New Zealand
- Venue: Lower Ground Conference Room, National Library, Access from Aitken Street entrance of the National Library which is on the Corner of Molesworth and Aitken Streets, Thorndon, Wellington.
- Date: 4 August 2009 (Tea and biscuits provided on registration. Participants are responsible for their own lunch)
- Time: 10:00 - 17:00
- Prerequisites: An open mind, and commitment to knowledge as a common good.
- Who can attend: This is an open meeting and attendance is limited by venue constraints. Places will be confirmed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Meeting discussions and outputs will be recorded on the wiki.
- Reserve your place by registering here