Flexibility, when incorporated into curriculum design enables people more choice in their learning.
Workshop times - face-to-face and online are on the weekly schedule in the Course Outline.
The Flexible Learning course has been developed by staff in the Educational Development Centre of Otago Polytechnic. This is a 17 week, level 7 course accredited by NZQA. You are welcome to enrol formally for accreditation, or participate informally and enrol later on if you wish to be assessed.
For enrolment enquiries: contact 0800 762786 in New Zealand or firstname.lastname@example.org Enquiries about the content of the course: email bronwynDOThegartyAtopDOTacDOTnz
At the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss principles and processes of flexible teaching and learning to facilitate culture sensitive adult learning;
- Critique the design and application of existing flexible teaching and learning options in relation to the literature;
- Analyse and evaluate challenges that arise in the design of flexible learning environments;
- Explore and justify the strategies for the development of flexible learning environments;
- Create and evaluate a plan for the implementation of a flexible learning experience.
Web-conference class meeting link Online meetings will be on Elluminate. No password is needed, just enter your name. Dates and times of presentations and discussions are on the course schedule.
Test your access well in advance of the class sessions and you will need a headset with microphone unless this is built into your computer. Please refer to the Help section for details about IT support.