| Students @ Work - a student collaborative writing project. |
Help us by providing feedback on the Discussion page.
CIS 2 Computers and the Internet in Society :: SUMMER 2010
Students participate in collaborative writing through the use of this wiki. Their work on these assignments is published below.
Community service learning
These are the community partner organizations, and service learning opportunities for this semester.
- Guidelines - Read the Community service learning student Guidelines - project requirements, outlines required submissions - project information, service learning work proposal and reflection prompts
Read through the project information and select a project. You will be working individually on the Community service learning project. However, other students may select the same community partner organization to work with.
- Peace Education - teaching and learning about Peace, educational resources for students
- Project Gutenberg - proof reading
- Tar Heel Reader - creating easy reading online picture books for young adult learners
- Local Community Service - for students who are already working with a community partner organization
- online community service project - if there is a not-for-profit (preferably online) community service learning project that meets the requirements, please talk with your instructor about working for this organization - you must have Instructor approval before you do your actual community service work.
Open Textbook Reviews
Brain Color Groups
Work as a group with others with the same Brain Color as you. Identify 3 characteristics that you share with others with the same brain color as you. Everyone should list three of their own. Then as a group, narrow that down to just three. Show all your work on the wiki page for your Brain color.
Great Technologies List
..see Great Technologies List - add your suggestions along with those from students in previous classes
Final projects for Summer 2010 address the U.N. Millennium Development Goals. The UN renewed commitments to achieving the Millennium Development Goals by 2015 and to set out concrete plans and practical steps for action. Additional information about the Goals, problems and successes.
How can computers and the internet contribute to resolving these societal issues? What is being done now? What is planned for the future?
Through research, discussion and collaborative writing, prepare a WikiEducator page that describes the goal, current problems and how these are being addressed through innovative application of technology and the internet. Include specific examples of success and profiles of the people who are making a difference.
- Group 1 - End Hunger
- Group 2 - Universal Education / Gender Equity
- Group 3 - Child Health / Maternal Health
- Group 4 - Environmental Sustainability
- Group 5 - Combat HIV/AIDS
- Group 6 - Global Partnership
Some resources to help you with this work
Wiki tutorials, guides and help
More wiki help
- Students' Guide to Group Work ...see Students' guide to group work - add your suggestions along with those from students in previous classes