Shahi tukde....(Indian sweets)
- Rabdi:to be made
- bread:4 slices
- sugar:one cup
- milk :one litre
butter/ghee (clarified):half cup
- water:half cup
- cardamom powder :half teaspoon
- almonds and pistachios:chopped (a few)
- sugar syrup:to be made
- Make rabdi by boiling 1 ltr of milk till it is reduced to one fourth or quarter and gets thick.
- Now add half cup of sugar and half teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- (It will take around 35-40 mins ,1st boil the milk, then cook on low flame).
- Now makesugar syrup:
- Heat the pan,add half cup of sugar and half cup of water .
- Add saffron (it should be of double thread consistency).
- Make 4 pieces of each bread slice.
- Toast them on tawa with ghee.
- If you are using home made ghee then it gives the best taste otherwise normal ghee also works good.
- After toasting them put the slices in the sugar syrup.
- Soak it for 5-10 mins or till each slices absorb sugar syrup well.
- Now on a plate arrange these slices cover them with rabdi.
- Garnish it with milk masala or chopped dry fruits.
- Keep it in the fridge
- Serve chilled.