Antarctica/Exploration ICEBLOCK/Getting to know Antarctica
Antarctica: Where is it? What does it look like? How big is it? And who owns it?
- Learn all about it with this Introduction to the Chilly Continent
- Check out this MAP of ANTARCTICA and some interesting facts.
- See what it looks like at Scott Base today from Antarctic NZ's Webcam at Scott Base!
- Have a look where the Antarctic Science Research Stations are.
- Can you find New Zealand's Scott Base?
- Why would Scott and his men have left from here to journey to the South Pole?
- How many South Island's could you fit into the Ross Sea??
- So why are there so many research stations in Antarctica? Why Study Antarctic Science?
- Click here to view some amazing photos on Antarctica cool Antarctica
- How COLD does it get?? Learn more from this site about Antarctic Weather
- OK so who does own Antarctica? Find out what the Antarctic Treaty is all about.
Antarctica holds 75% of the Earth's fresh water in the form of ICE!
- Want to know more about this fascinating frozen matter?ICE it up!
Ice, sea ice, ocean and icebergs. All closely interconnected.
- What's so special about the Southern Ocean? Information on Southern Oceans
Life on Antarctica?
What are the Ecoregions in Antarctica ? Antarctica represents a very unique and special case on our planet. Living organisms only survive in a relatively small and specific area on this chilly continent!
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|