Albany Senior High School/Recipes/cranberry spinach salad
Cranberry Spinach Salad
A deliciously salad
|Degree of Difficulty:|
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3/4 cup of almonds, blanched and slivered
- 450 grams of spinach
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1/2 a cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 cup of white whine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- in a medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. remove from heat and let cool.
- in a large bowl combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
- in a medium bowl wisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar and vegetable oil
- toss with spinach just before serving.
- To save time use Paul Newmans balsamic vinegarette instead of making your own dressing.
- You could also use mandarin oranges instead of poppy seeds.