Work cooperatively using workgroup computer software/Activities/wikis
In this activity we will:
- Learn how to use a MediaWiki
- Consider the uses of wikis
- Compare two types of wikis
- Inquire on policy and practices used by 2 wikis
- Do the Wikieducator Tutorials - Time required for each Tutorial is estimated at 15 to 20 minutes. Total interaction time (excluding the practical lesson component should not exceed 3 learning hours for the 10 suggested tutorials).
- Watch the video - wikis in plain English and transcribe at least 20 seconds of audio
- Create an account with Wikispaces and create a page as your CV
- Watch the video - add and edit pages with Media Wiki
- Research the differences between Wikispaces and MediaWiki. Log your research to your blog and try find at least 3 expert opinions that compare the two.
- Add and edit pages with Media Wiki - A short demonstration on adding, editing and formatting content using MediaWiki, the software that powers Wikipedia.