Wikis in elementary schools
Biology In Elementary Schools is a Saint Michael's College student project from a course that ran between 2007 and 2010 and fully described in this book chapter. The student-created resources have been preserved here for posterity. Link under 'toolbox' for printer-friendly versions of the exercises. Click on handouts to print full resolution versions. Please see Wikieducator's disclaimer, our safety statement, and the Creative Commons licensing in English and in legalese.
This page is simply a place to highlight wikis in elementary schools.
Elementary School Links
- 1000 names Wiki; I got this site from
- a collection of educational Wikis. It's a combined grade 1 & 2 in Canada. The students wanted to learn what 1000 looked like, so they ask that you log on and leave your name. They were at 931 when I visited. What a perfect use of technology and grade-level appropriate. I noticed that they have exceeded 1,000 and are still going; let's help them make it to 2,000.
- McWhorter Elementary in Texas
- science 90; not sure where this school is based, but they are having fun with science
- Word walls in Manhattan
- Worley Elementary School, Kenmare, Co. Kerry, Ireland
- Valley Oak Elementary School in Davis, CA
- Hogarth Kingeekuk Memorial School in Savoonga, AK
- Marguerite Montgomery Elementary School
- Webster Class Wiki
- Pine Bush Elementary School in Orange County, NY
- Arbor Heights Elementary School in Seattle, WA
- Carman Elementary School Wiki
- Carol Morgan Elementary School
- Meyer Elementary
- Nicholas Catholic School
- Barre Town Middle and Elementary School
- North Davis Elementary School
- Saint James Catholic School of the Davis School District in California
- Nambian College of Open Learning