Wiki Tips and Tricks/how to add citations to your page
Want to add a citation to your wiki page? Here's how:
- Edit your page.
- Place your cursor where you'd like your citation.
- Put the content of your footnote in between our reference tags, <ref> and </ref>. You insert <ref>reference text goes here</ref>
- Save your page.
- Then you can include the following at the bottom of the page: <references/>. Which will list the references included in the text above.
- Example: Palin is announced as McCain's choice for VP running mate .
- Choice of Palin Is Bold Move by McCain, With Risks, New York Times, August 29, 2008