WikiEducator talk:M and E Activities
Thanks for sharing your M&E plan. Here are a few comments:
1. It might help readers understand the heirarchial nature of Results (i.e. Impapcts, Outcomes & Outputs)if you could show how these "nest" in this case. In other words, which Outcomes relate to your Impact results and which Outputs realte to your stated Outcomes.
2. While the Outcomes are the longer terms results you're after, there may be certain indicators related to a given Outcome that are expected to be achieved in Phase 1 or 2. If so, it would be useful to indicate that - I assume the Outputs are more easily tied to a specific Pahse.
3. The statements you have as "Performance Indicators" are really statements about the types of data that will be collected. The question is begged as to the progress measure that is to used - and for which the data are to be collected.
4. That said, it is arguable that the Peformance Indicator in Phase 1 could that of collecting data for use a benchmark &/or for establishing Phase 2 Performance Indicators - since your three phases are planned to be sequential by building on lessons learned.
5. I thought your plan for mapping activities to Outputs is well conceived. It would be helpful to the Performance Indicator(s) for each Activity included in the grid as well.
Let me know if you want to talk about any of the above.
Thanks for the feedback
Really appreciate your feedback and reflections. As you will see, we're already on track to improving the draft based on your feedback.
- Good suggestions about the typology and linkages between Outputs, Outcomes and Impact. I'll see if I can construct a visual which states these linkages and nesting more effectively.
- Yeah - we need more work and thinking on the of outputs in relation to the phasing of the project. I'll put some quality time into this.
- Good point about PI's versus data sources. Already updated the table to rather refer to metrics & data-sources, and have inserted a new section to record the KPIs.
- Excellent idea about collecting data to inform KPI benchmarks through repeated cycles/phases of implementation.
- I'll take a look at finding an effective way to map KPIs to the activities.
Good feedback. Already being implemented the wiki way!
Cheers, --Wayne Mackintosh 23:17, 24 September 2007 (CEST)