WikiEducator:Policies and guidelines
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
WikiEducator policies and guidelines are developed by the community to describe best practice, clarify principles, resolve conflicts, and otherwise foster and support our development of economically sustainable ecosystems for open educational resources.
Policies are considered standards that have wide acceptance among WikiEducators and should be followed by all members with rare exceptions. WikiEducator policies are aligned with the core WikiEducator values and provide a foundation for members' actions in the WikiEducator community. However, policies need to be approached with common sense, with a focus on the spirit rather than the letter of the rules.
If elements of a policy are unclear, or do not conform to best practice, consensus should be sought to change the policy to reflect that practice. This is an ongoing task.
List of WikiEducator policies
- Consensus policy (Status : Draft under development)
- Selection of Administrators/Sysops policy (Status : Draft under development)
- Policy for page deletions (Status : Draft under development)
- Policy for page protection (Status : Draft under development)
- Policy for blocking users (Status : Draft under development)
Guidelines are primarily advisory, considered "best practices" within the WikiEducator community. However, this does not mean that it is appropriate to ignore guidelines simply because they are guidelines; maybe even more so than policies, guidelines provide a common basis for members' actions. If a guideline appears to conflict with a policy, the policy should in most cases take precedence over the guideline.
- Style guidelines (Status: On-going development)
- Consensus decision-making (Status: Draft under development)