Campaign Page for Ioana Chan Mow
|Employer:||National University of Samoa|
- to facilitate and strengthen opportunities for collaboration - on projects and across geographic and cultural boundaries and to explore synergies between such collaboration
- to explore strategic relationships that add value to WikiEducator and the people and organizations involved.
How I Became a WikiEducator
Slightly more than one year ago, I was fortunate enough to participate in a WikiPasifika workshop sponsored by the Commonwealth of Learning. We were introduced to the concepts of Open source, Open educational resources, the Creative commons licensing, Wikieducator. The participants all from the small states of the Pacific understood the value of open source in our small and vulnerable states without the human and financial resources to build educational resources. The value of wikieducator was rapidly understood and also its user friendliness.
My Contributions to WikiEducator
- Attended WikiPasifika workshop Wellington August 2007
- Organised workshops on Wikieducator for staff of the National University of Samoa, Curriculum unit of the Ministry of Education in Samoa,administrators of telecentres in Samoa
- create and update wiki page for Samoa on e-learning
- Organising for NUS staff two Learn4Content workshops in Sept and Nov 2008
- Developments in e-learning in education in Samoa: Issues, Challenges, Strategies and Recommendations for the way forward. at PCF5 conference London July 2008
What I Bring to the Role
- an ability to facilitate and build capacity in organization and individuals particuarly in the Pacific region.
- an understanding of eLearning
- passion and belief in the idea of openness and importance of access to valuable information.