- A database of research on distance and online learning
- The Blended, Online Learning and Distance Education (BOLDE) research bank provides you with access to nearly 11,000 records of research into distance and online learning. You can even choose to submit your own material to the research bank, and bring it to the attention of an international audience.
- Australian Computer Society Series Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology
- Full text of papers (in either PDF or Postscript format) is available by following the volume links indicated.
- Proceedings of Applied Computing and Information Technology (PACIT)
- An international conference run annually in different cities in New Zealand focuses on: Computing and IT Education; Computing and IT Applied Research and Practice; and Education Technology. Papers in all the sub disciplines in the computing field, (Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Engineering) are encouraged. Papers may also come from the areas of educational technology, e-learning and and cloud and mobile computing.
- International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science, CLOSER
- Cloud Computing Fundamentals ; Services Science Foundation for Cloud Computing ; Cloud Computing Platforms and Applications ; Cloud Computing Enabling Technology; Mobile Cloud Computing and Services
- Author Submission October, Conference: April
- Proceedings: ACM digital library ( http://www.acm.org/ )
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- The aim of the DOAJ is to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals, thereby promoting their increased usage and impact. The DOAJ aims to be comprehensive and cover all open access scientific and scholarly journals that use a quality control system to guarantee the content. In short, the DOAJ aims to be THE one stop shop for users of open access journals. (DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals, 2013)
- Journal of Educational Technology & Society (JETS)
- The Journal of Educational Technology & Society is included in the Thomson Scientific Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) with impact factor of 1.011 according to Thomson Scientific 2011 Journal Citations Report.JETS is a quarterly journal (January, April, July and October), and includes academic articles on the issues affecting the developers of educational systems and educators who implement and manage such systems. The articles should discuss the perspectives of both communities and their relation to each other. For further details check out the Aims and Scope page.
- The Journal of Applied Computing and Information Technology (JACIT)
- JACIT is the online Journal of Computing and Information Technology Research and Education, New Zealand (CITRENZ). The Journal is primarily designed as a vehicle to publish Applied Computing papers principally from New Zealand, but international papers are considered that would be of interest to our readers, particularly if related to education or cite New Zealand based research or researchers.
- International Journal of Computers & Technology
- Impact factor 1.341 (2013) and in 25 different international languages cc-by.
- indexed with DOAJ, Google Scholar, Eyesource, CiteSeer, UlrichWeb, ScientificCommons (Univ. of St Gallens), University of Karlsruhe, Germany, PennState University, University of Washington, Georgetown University, Informatics, ProQuest CSA Technology Research Database, NASA ADS (Harvard Univ.), Index copernius, International society of Universal Research in sciences.
- Peer Reviewed
- Pay to publish US$20 for fast review, US$100 to publish
- Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society (JBCS)
- The Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society (JBCS) is an international journal which serves as a forum for disseminating innovative research in all fields of computer science and related subjects. Contents include theoretical, practical and experimental papers reporting original research contributions, as well as high quality survey papers.
- Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society (JBCS)
- International Journal on Interaction Design & Architecture(s) - IxD&A
- IxD&A is an open access journal, peer-reviewed, that implements the Gold Open Access (OA) road to its contents with no charge to the authors
- Gliner, J. A., Morgan, G. A. & Leech, N. L. (2009). Research Methods in Applied Settings: An Integrated Approach to Design and Analysis, 2nd Ed. Taylor and Francis Group, New York
- Amazon books
- An introductory text teaches how to plan, conduct, and write a research project and select and interpret data. This is not a statistics book—there are very few formulas, and this book helps students master which statistic to use when and how to interpret the results.
- Cresswell, J. W. (2009). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
- Note: The 4th Edition was published on March 14, 2013 (No kindle version available yet – May 17, 2013)
Sample research papers
Add any exemplars
And a bit of humour
- Kelly-IrvingTranslations, M. (2013) What academics say and what they really mean Retrieved from http://researchfrontier.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/translations-what-academics-say-and-what-they-really-mean/
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals (2013) Retrieved from http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=loadTemplate&template=about&uiLanguage=en