VirtualMV/Flash12 (CS6)/Quick reference/Content
This page provides a quick reference guide to:
Creating a template
- Before you do any of the examples select:
- Window → Workspace Layout → Default (Flash9 CS3)
- Window → Workspace Layout → Classic (Flash10, Flash11)
- Create first two layers as Layer 1 = Labels Layer2 = Actions.
- To create a label click on the frame in the Labels layer, insert a keyframe the give it a label.
- Always leave some "free frames at the start of any flash movie. These can be used later to preload content. (Reinhardt & Dowd, 2002)
Useful key shortcuts
- F9 = Takes you to the script layer.
- [Ctrl]+[Enter] = Test Movie
Working with frames and layers
- To extend a media asset.
Click on the frame that you want to extend it to, then right click and select Insert Frame
- To remove the contents of frames use Right Click + ClearFrame
- To add a button
- Create a button layer, and click on frame(s) where you want it to appear
- Windows > Common Libraries > Buttons .. select the button and drag onto the stage
- Click the button on the stage, then [F9]
- In the ActionScript pane,
choose “Movie Clip Control”, and double click “on”, use the popup to choose release.
Finally enter the code egs. (following)
ActionScript 3.0: Basic scripts
- Quit a running movie (note only works with a flash exe file as otherwise you would close the browser window that is containing the swf file).
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found